Found two Software Update apps on my Samsung SIII

Sorade

Estimable
May 4, 2015
Hi all,

I received one of those fake "you've got viruses" pop-up this morning while checking the news using the default Internet app. I didn't accept, went back to the home menu and closed all the apps.

I ran my antivirus (Nod32 mobile) which didn't find any threats. I then ran CCleaner and cleared the cash.

I then went into my apps and look for suspicious apps, I found that I have 2 Software Update apps.

- one of 8 kb "version v2.2.9", Can be disabled
- another 236kb "version v5_1211_2_1", can't be disabled (greyed out), is currently running with the associated service XMDService, and process: com.wssyncmldm.

I am not sure whether the pop-up came from an app or from the news website (but since it was BBC News I think it would be secure).

Any help would be welcome.

Solution
It is hard to believe that it has infected you if you didn't allow it. Plus, the antimalware didn't mark it infected too. Have you noticed anything strange in your phone's behavior?

Seankay

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
It is hard to believe that it has infected you if you didn't allow it. Plus, the antimalware didn't mark it infected too. Have you noticed anything strange in your phone's behavior?

Solution