Foxconn Employee Kills Self Over Missing iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

neon neophyte

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
you manipulated the title of this article to promote the Iphone. fuc*ing sick. NO ONE KILLED THEMSELVES OVER AN IPHONE.

he was clearly disturbed by the interrogation and the fierce consequences handed out from his employer.

FIX YOUR HEAD JANE.

stufmenatooba

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
[citation][nom]neon neophyte[/nom]you manipulated the title of this article to promote the Iphone. fuc*ing sick. NO ONE KILLED THEMSELVES OVER AN IPHONE.he was clearly disturbed by the interrogation and the fierce consequences handed out from his employer.FIX YOUR HEAD JANE.[/citation]

Someone has never used the transitive property before...

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
this could have happened for a prototype of anything in the asian manufacturing wings it would seem... they're very hardcore about employee honesty and allegiance... that it was over a lost iCrap is the travesty of it all..

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]neon neophyte[/nom]you manipulated the title of this article to promote the Iphone. fuc*ing sick. NO ONE KILLED THEMSELVES OVER AN IPHONE.he was clearly disturbed by the interrogation and the fierce consequences handed out from his employer.FIX YOUR HEAD JANE.[/citation]

People don't negative this comment. He saying that they should change the title because it currently suggests the employee killed himself over a lost iPhone.

Its makes the employee seem stupid and that is not the case. F*cking interrogation techniques in china?

Think about it.

stufmenatooba

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
[citation][nom]dingumf[/nom]People don't negative this comment. He saying that they should change the title because it currently suggests the employee killed himself over a lost iPhone. Its makes the employee seem stupid and that is not the case. F*cking interrogation techniques in china? Think about it.[/citation]

He did kill himself over the missing iPhone. He lost it, the company interrogated him, and then he killed himself over the guilt of having lost it. This is something extremely important that you don't want to lose... and he lost it. Can't blame the guy for having a conscience and can't blame the company for not wanting to look like idiots to Apple.

v1ze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]dingumf[/nom]People don't negative this comment. He saying that they should change the title because it currently suggests the employee killed himself over a lost iPhone. Its makes the employee seem stupid and that is not the case. F*cking interrogation techniques in china? Think about it.[/citation]

Uh Oh! I seem to have lost the nuclear missile launch codes. At least I know I'm not stupid. Thanks dingumf!

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
This is messed up. We are talking about the company Foxconn that makes motherboards and crap? Why do they have a "Central Security Division" are they the FBI??? They take this guy into questioning, and search his apartment. I don't expect some low-level security force to be doing that, sounds like CIA activity. And their excuse for his accusations that he got beaten are "oh well, we couldn't have gotten away with it because people woulda heard us beating him...." That's the worst apology I've ever heard. They clearly did something to this guy to make him commit suicide. So what, you gagged him and then beat him? What is this world coming too... Foxconn, get your act together. Throw down your mini-FBI program and quit making your crappy Foxconn Bloodrage gimmick motherboards.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Interesting that some people don't understand that a clever remark loses its humor when the article is more serious in nature. Like a suicide.

-1 to a few people who think its cute to make fun of someone who was driven to suicide by his employer. +1 to Neon for actually having the decency to find this appalling, and recognize that the title should be changed.

To Jane's credit though, she made the necessary adjustments to the title, and probably didn't mean any harm in how it was originally stated.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
[citation][nom]MrSiko[/nom]Boycott Foxconn now.[/citation]

the problem is that it's hard to find almost any type of electronic device that foxconn hasn't had their grimy fingers in. Look at the I/O ports on your motherboard. at least one of them will have "foxconn" stamped firmly on it. They just make too much stuff. A boycott would have to start at the mfg level. eg. asus/gigabyte.

furthermore, i don't doubt he was beaten. it's not like the place doesn't have a closet or a bathroom that 'security' could have taken him to.
note: to date there are no full on foxconn products i've purchased nor apple. Nor do i expect to ever do so.

G

Guys..if u have been working in some oversea factory, you will know this is just normal daily life there. The security is tight as hell if they are manufacture for big name companies. It is just the big companies forced the environment to become such. Sometimes, you will see all the competitors product manufacturing in the same factory or they pay to own part of the assembly line. For those worker who are not belong to the section, if you peak inside, the securities will come to you and the alarm will sound.

josh jones

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
boycott some of china's goods if you have problems with actions taken by the company or lack of action on chinese government part.

maxcue

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2007
Bernie Madoff and the other super-greedy thieves that stole tens of billions from hard-working regular people should have had the decency to kill themselves. This poor guy just over-reacted.

krazynutz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
Yeah, the headline is messed up and totally misleading. Bad, tasteless reporting. The article says his apartment was searched. I hate being the conspiracy theorist but I wouldn't doubt this wasn't even a suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.