Foxconn Employee Kills Self Over Missing iPhone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Yes the title is fuc*ing misleading like sh!t, and I only read TH when I'm bored now because they're probably taking bribes.

It's not Jane's fault, she didn't title it. The editors titled it.

surrept420

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Toms hardware is starting to piss me off with these bullsh*t articles. I think they need to find some new writers/editors. Until then I will be switching to another site for info.....

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]surrept420[/nom]Toms hardware is starting to piss me off with these bullsh*t articles. I think they need to find some new writers/editors. Until then I will be switching to another site for info.....[/citation]
I've been reading alternatives not because of crap writing, but because of crap organization and management. The site infrastructure is crappy and the management doesn't give a damn about it. Editors give crap titles to articles. The only good stuff nowadays is when an editor decides to do his/her own review that's highly extensive and takes a helluvalota time and posts it up by themselves, completely their own work. Then there's tradition, like SBM and BGCFTM that have carried on since TH was created.

And yes, TH is leeching off info from other sites like OCC. OCC posts up news, an hour later Jane paraphrases it and posts it up. I'm a 15 year old, I can do that...

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Jane I normally like your articles but your titling of this one is simply way off and has made me lose respect for you.

I certainly hope this isn't a attempt to make FoxConn seem less like a bad guy. If you sold your soul just to not get on the bad side of a potential advertiser then shame on you.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
i'm not sure if this was the original, Foxconn Employee Kills Self Over Missing iPhone yet i don't see wrong with it.
we know Foxconn is a huge parts manufacturer.

eskimo_1

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
You know i actually was looking at Foxconn MBs' on my last computer build, ended up with a Gigabyte thankfully.
Im Boycotting Foxconn from now on, any business who does that to a person deserves nothing but bankruptcy.

asap1

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
July 21, 2009, 12:29 PM — Macworld —
According to news reports out of China, an employee at manufacturing firm Foxconn who lost an early prototype of the next-generation iPhone has been found dead. The employee, 25-year-old Sun Danyong, reportedly committed suicide by jumping out of a window of his 12th floor apartment last Thursday.

Sun was in charge of product communications at Foxconn, which manufacturers the iPhone for Apple. He was responsible for shipping 16 iPhone prototypes to Apple's Cupertino, Calif. headquarters. One of those prototypes turned up missing, and Foxconn launched an investigation to find the missing unit. That investigation led to a search of Sun's apartment, reportedly just prior to his suicide.

Foxconn is a major manufacturing firm in China; it handles assembly and production for Apple on a number of the company's products, including the iPod and iPhone. Previously, the company had been the subject of an Apple investigation into employee mistreatment and unfair working conditions.

coolkev99

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
[citation]Various publications say that Sun's apartment was searched, and that the young man was placed in solitary confinement and physically abused. [/citation]

and some of you union workers think you're abused if you can't get that nice comfy office chair and heater under your desk in the winter.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
Hey guys,

Just want to explain why I titled the article the way I did. Unfortunately, our CMS (content management system) only allows for titles of certain length. Make them too long and they don't fit on the homepage. It is never my intention to mislead readers. Those of you who've been reading long enough should know that I'm always up front and honest with you guys. Misleading titles aren't my style.

Jane

cyb34

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Only an idiot would kill himself for something he didnt do on purpose. I think it's more than that behind these stories or that guy was really a stupid sensitive kid manipulated by useless corporate beings.

It's an outrage! Those things who did the interrogation deserve to go to prison.

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
Good job China, you sure got that information out of him! Now be sure to add this site to your blocked list.

elbert

Distinguished
Sun Danyong's parents should sue Apple and Foxconn for wrongful death. Hire a lawyer in the US and have the trial here. They stand to win millions and this would let all china company's know what lines should never be crossed.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Things of this nature are generally more complicated than it looks.

There are many "bandidt" products in China, which are nothing more than brazen plagiarism and copy of brand name products. Some of those "bandit" products are run by mafia or even corrupt branches of People's Armed Police and People's Liberation Army who are well connected to high-ranking commies.

Many Taiwanese companies have reported employees acting exactly like double agents for the communist government or other entities. Many companies hire triads to do their bids when necessary, and, in many instances, they are run by triads.

The missing iPhone prototype is perhaps not really missing. The poor guy is probably squeezed between two mafia-like entities and took the easy way out.

This is the kind of life people have to cope with without 2nd Amendment.

Status
Not open for further replies.