Foxconn: We Did Not Confirm Apple's iTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
I don't dislike Apple products, but I doubt I'll want one of their TVs should they choose to make one. There's some nice Sony, Samsung, and LG units I'd be more likely to spend on. As far as Foxconn confirming or denying an iTV I think the original report was just trolling. Foxconn ain't dummies. They may be greedy slave drivers...but dumb they're not.

amuffin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled500.jpg

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
The camera tracks the person's face? So that's how the visual communications between starfleet officers worked. The officers would walk about their quarters or workspace and the camera would track them. W00T!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Stop
Calling
It
iTV
Appley do not own the name, they have been told they cannot use the name and continuing to call it that in an ad-hoc fashion is only adding weight to the imminent theft.

jkay69

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
They always steal whatever name they want, they use it, they are told repeatedly not to use it, they use it some more, it becomes entrenched in the psyche of the millions of apple sheep, they market with it, they are told not to, they do it anyway and viola they stole the name and start hitting the courts to sue any company who lays claim to their property. Either that or they will start a small outfit to licence the name for a small fee then transfer it to the mother ship and use it like they always owned it.

History does always repeat itself...is there any point fighting it?

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
"Apple's popular Siri"

Huh, siri is popular? Could've fooled me. Ppl use it for a couple of days and then realize its just crap.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]StopCallingItiTV...Appley do not own the name, they have been told they cannot use the name and continuing to call it that in an ad-hoc fashion is only adding weight to the imminent theft.[/citation]
Okay..."Apple TV" Are you okay now? I'd not want you to have a stroke or brain hemorrage or anything because we called Apple's hypothetical TV by the wrong hypothetical moniker

jkay69

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
I believe 'Back on Demand' is, like myself, from the UK where ITV is a TV Station and has been for decades. I believe that Apple intend to steal the iTV name too and the more people use it in this way the more Apple will see it as a viable target. I personally feel they should be original for a change and make up a new name.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]jkay69[/nom]I believe 'Back on Demand' is, like myself, from the UK where ITV is a TV Station and has been for decades. I believe that Apple intend to steal the iTV name too and the more people use it in this way the more Apple will see it as a viable target. I personally feel they should be original for a change and make up a new name.[/citation]
"Apple TV" works for me...and actually sounds just as good, if not better, than iTV. I'm still not getting one unless it truly is revolutionary (and I'm kind of skeptical)

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Okay..."Apple TV" Are you okay now? I'd not want you to have a stroke or brain hemorrage or anything because we called Apple's hypothetical TV by the wrong hypothetical moniker[/citation]
Sarcasm detected, but unless someone says something then nothing will ever change.

Status
Not open for further replies.