Foxit Reader installed with Foxit Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

nini24

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015
Hi experts,

After installing Foxit Reader to replace Adobe Reader, there is Foxit Cloud installed with it, do you know what is it? and does Foxit Reader need it in order to function?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Solution
Foxit Cloud is free cloud storage (I think 2 GB) and is not needed for the Reader to function. I always uninstall Cloud since I don't use it through Programs & Features in Control Panel.

rehed21

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
Foxit Cloud is free cloud storage (I think 2 GB) and is not needed for the Reader to function. I always uninstall Cloud since I don't use it through Programs & Features in Control Panel.

Solution

ander

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
Unfortunately, Foxit Cloud no longer appears in "Add and Remove Programs". Foxit obviously intends that people not have a choice about using it anymore.

Foxit Cloud

Estimable
Nov 19, 2015
Hello Ander,

In order to improve the Foxit Reader / Foxit Cloud experience, we've eliminated the need for extra background processes that were required to run Foxit Cloud as a plug-in to Foxit Reader. By doing so, Foxit Reader (and Foxit Cloud) see better performance in the way of processing and memory usage, as well as overall resource allocation.

To disable Foxit Cloud, you can do the following:

1) Go to File -> Preferences
2) Select Foxit Cloud on the left-hand column
3) Then select the option to "Disable cloud tab"
4) Click OK
5) Go to Help tab, then select "About Foxit Plug-Ins"
6) Select Foxit Cloud Login
7) Click the crossed out circle icon to disable
8) Click OK

Sincerely,

Team Foxit Cloud

Status