FPS drops every 2-3 seconds (all games)

abbsshikari

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
hi,
FIRST,IF I HAVE POSTED IN THE WRONG CATEGORY,PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND DO TELL ME SO.............MY FIRST POST
specs:
((Acer Gateway NE56R)
2nd gen intel core i3-2328m
intel hd 3000(integrated)
4gb ram
500gb hard disk
so i have had this laptop for about 2.5 years now and for the first year i playes games on it without any issues bit after that i got a new laptop with much better specs and gamed on it for about a year,after which it was unfortunately stolen so yeah right about 2 months now i started playing on the gateway again and i notice that there are fps drops across all games ..............
for instance, in my ac brotherhood,fps drops from 18-15 to about 5-7 for 2-3 seconds and then revives for about 2-3 seconds and then the fps drops again..sometimes it drops universally and runs on low fps....this happens in all games........
also,when i monitered the temperature using hwinfo, osd(on screed display) while playing the temp of both the cores reached about 75-81 C but it displayed "core#1 throttling" and "core#2 throttling" as no
but in the desktop sensors window ,it showed it
What I Have Tried::::::::-

• using different power modes
    scanning the computer completely with an updated antivirus
    cleaning the computer(SOFTWARE)
    disabling and closing unwanted programs
    opening the ram and HDD cover and dusting it off with lugs air pressure
    blowing air as hard as i can through every nook and vent
    using it on flat surface ,elevated on a book,in air conditioned room
so yeah .m lost :??: ....please help me
thanks in advance

jdcranke07

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
You need better hardware. Your frame rates drop since your PC can't handle that game very well. And if your playing with that low of frame rates to begin with that should have told you the same. For gaming you should at least be at 30FPS if not around 60FPS. Your processor cannot handle everything like you want it to. Upgrade to at least an i5 four core and get a graphics card. If you upgrade your RAM to about 8GB you'll be good for a long time.

abbsshikari

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
sorry,forgot to mention this........
i get 15-18 fps when i start ....after half a minute the drops start
and also the problem wasn't there when i first bought the laptop......
the same games that now have fps drops ran fluently a year ago..........nothing has changed,neither the game,nor the hardware

If it is not hardware or software then it is age. As you laptop is old the gpu and cpu are worn out so it throttles when gaming as you are putting too much stress on it. Also beware that this may cause the battery to loose charge quicker. The only thing you can do is upgrade the internals if it is possible or to get a new laptop.

The choice is yours.

abbsshikari

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
hi,
thanks for your reply..
FIRST,i always use a charger
SECOND,i read a few threads and according to them 80 C is a very high temp for a cpu even a desktop and mine has 81 as max ........so it's probably the ovrheating causing the throttles......also ifeel like my laptop fan runs slowly?can i alter it's speed?
can you suggest what i can do to counter overheating?

abbsshikari

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
which one? there's so many................
also i saw mentioned somwhere to try can of commpressed gas to clean accumiliated dust ..will it help as i have already blown out as much as i can through lungs?
thanks in advance

Murad_2

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016

i have the same spec you fix it ?

abbsshikari

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014

Lol. No. gave up gaming and started studying :)