FPS drops in games after changing HDD to SSD disk and reinstalling windows

buhsmrtiii

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
Hello,

I have MSI laptop and after 2 years mostly playing league of legends and hearthstone on it my 1TB HDD disk crashed so I had it changed for the new 240 GB SSD. I used windows 10 and after the change I had it installed again. The problem is that I expected smoother gaming experience or at least the same with the new SSD but now I cant even play LoL because my game stutters and have like weird fps lags, it is playable but its the most annoying thing on earth. I searched many threads but nothing seems to work I installed all the drivers, reinstalled, repasted the cooler, even tried worse quality in game but the game still stutters. For example when playing league I have around 120FPS dropping to around 80 and its really fps laggy at those times. When not in game the laptop seems fine, only in game it is killing me. It also does the same in other games like Northgard.

Procesor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, jádra: 4, logické procesory: 8
RAM : 8GB
Nvidia GTX960M
hard disk: KINGSTON SUV400S37240G

Thanks for any help you can give

buhsmrtiii

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
so I just tried it with V-sync and with different FPS settings but no luck, with V-sync the game is weird and slow so its pretty much unplayable (talking about league of legends) then when uncapped FPS I get 150+ most of the time and its running somewhat ok but you get those little FPS lags which is extremely annoying and I cant play with it, when I set FPS to 144 its the same. When I set it to 60 or 80 though, its a different story. All of the sudden the FPS lags get much much worse. You can see the line on the monitor when the game lags sort of. I dont really know the difference between stutters and tearing but normally it feels like my FPS drops. I dont get it before the reinstall it was perfectly fine, pretty much the same FPS and no FPS lags then I reinstalled windows and changed the broken HDD disk to SSD and it makes my games unplayable. If you need any more information just tell me which one. Thanks for your help