Free andriod app for free wifi?

helennnn

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
I heard that there are apps where people could connect to free wifi hotspots, anyone knows anything about such apps?

Solution
Most "free" Wi-Fi spots are free for one of the following reasons:

a) The retailer is offering it on the hopes that the longer you stay in their store, the more you'll spend (Starbucks, Target, Tim Horton's, etc.). If they use a password, they usually have it posted somewhere in the store; if they don't, though, chances are they'll either ask you to 'register' your email address with them, or (worse) it's not encrypted.

b) The Wi-Fi "hotspot" is being offered by your home Internet provider (i.e. TimeWarner). It's free, but it's only free for the ISP customers, & you'll have to sign in with your account information.

c) The local government entity or non-profit entity (city government, local library branch, etc.) offers it as a...

helennnn

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

But most of them needs password and I don't have the password :(

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
most fast food joints in my city also have free wifi, so do the local malls, starbucks, library and even the airport.

they all offer free wifi. they tend to advertise it on the door or in the store. should be easy to find. if your sitting at your house, then you will probably not find any as they will be neighbor's personal connections they do not wish to share.

helennnn

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
hmmm... finally I got one from my friend. Once you got the app, you could simply connect to free & shared wifi. Also, you could share your own wifi. Really got a lot of pp shared their hotspots in this app. I heard it is quite famous in Latin America and Asia.

spdragoo

Distinguished
Herald
Oct 17, 2011
Most "free" Wi-Fi spots are free for one of the following reasons:

a) The retailer is offering it on the hopes that the longer you stay in their store, the more you'll spend (Starbucks, Target, Tim Horton's, etc.). If they use a password, they usually have it posted somewhere in the store; if they don't, though, chances are they'll either ask you to 'register' your email address with them, or (worse) it's not encrypted.

b) The Wi-Fi "hotspot" is being offered by your home Internet provider (i.e. TimeWarner). It's free, but it's only free for the ISP customers, & you'll have to sign in with your account information.

c) The local government entity or non-profit entity (city government, local library branch, etc.) offers it as a convenience.

Solution