Free Audio Converting Software???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godsninja

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
OK, so I've already wrote this question but I guess it didn't want to post..... gotta love wasting your time huh

I'm just going to skip to the main question..

What is the best audio converter?

This is probably the most important question for someone who wants to convert audio to ask. Google searches provide countless websites, which in turn name countless audio converters, all of which are different from the other one named on the other site. There's too many out there, like 99.9% are all SHIT, and I'm sick of downloading their crap and having other crap installed, which it wouldn't even warn me about. I'm done with it, I'm completely sick and tired, I just need to convert .flac to mp3. and apparently FreeRIP does not support flac. (even though it says it does). There's just too much crap out there when it comes to audio conversion. There should be some sort of law forbidding people to create shitty audio conversion programs. I've probably wasted at least a whole day out of my 25000 days on this earth, searching for a legitimate audio conversion tool, only to have wasted those days all in vain.

Can somebody save me? For every 25,000 people that have trouble finding a legitimate audio converter, 1 young child dies. Let's stop the deaths. Let's find an answer.

Spread the word!

Solution
Yeah you should be able to play Flac files with VLC if you can't find any player that can play them then I would think your files are bad. A quick test would be to find a sample file on the web and see if you can play it with VLC if you can then you know its your files.

thechief120

Distinguished
May 18, 2013
I do know of a website that can convert without having to download any programs (http://media.io/) But i'm not sure if it supports .flac files. I do know however that it can convert to .mp3 , .ogg , .wav , and , .wma files.

Godsninja

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
Wow thank you for the quick replies! I've bookmarked the videohelp site for future reference, and checked out the media.io site, but after I've uploaded it doesn't do anything.

I've actually started to question the integrity of my flac. files, because VLC can't play them, and VLC should be able to play flac. files, right?

So assuming that's true, if FLV can't play it, then FreeRIP probably can convert flac. files, my files are just bad.

Can anyone confirm that FreeRIP can convert flac. files?

ikaz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
Yeah you should be able to play Flac files with VLC if you can't find any player that can play them then I would think your files are bad. A quick test would be to find a sample file on the web and see if you can play it with VLC if you can then you know its your files.

Solution

Godsninja

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

I know I have other flac. files so I did a flac search. Other songs played, then I tried these, and they played this time but were skipping. I inquired further and...well...I guess I am not a very patient person, the files haven't even finished downloading! I feel kind of stupid now, but then again most of my files finish downloading within 15 minutes :pt1cable:

So I guess FreeRIP still has potential to be one of the best. Luckily I got pretty high standards, so this thread still has some purpose :lol:

I don't know how versatile, quick, and easy to use FreeRIP is yet, but if anybody has any other suggestion then shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.