free reinstalation disc or download

billhuffsr

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
i bought a refurbished gateway LX6810 desktop computer . it came with windows 7 pro SP1 64 bit installed . the other day it crashed and when i was able to get into the system i found there was no recovery partition to burn a disc from.nor did it come with a windows OEM disc either. I need to download and reinstall my windows 7 pro 64 bit system on this some how . anyone have an answer or suggestion ?

Solution
You'll need at least a Windows 7 image from somewhere, then you can make a bootable USB drive to install Windows from using Microsoft's tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56485

If you or someone you know has an MSDN account, I think you can download a legitimate copy of Windows 7 for free. Otherwise, the only way to get a legit copy is to purchase it. Alternatively, you can contact Gateway support to see about getting a copy of their recovery media (at a fee).
You'll need at least a Windows 7 image from somewhere, then you can make a bootable USB drive to install Windows from using Microsoft's tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56485

If you or someone you know has an MSDN account, I think you can download a legitimate copy of Windows 7 for free. Otherwise, the only way to get a legit copy is to purchase it. Alternatively, you can contact Gateway support to see about getting a copy of their recovery media (at a fee).

Solution

woodmass14

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
If you can still access windows using safe mode, use the command in command prompt to get your key. Write it down and do a fresh install of windows 7. With a bit of googleing you'll be able to find yourself an iso out there. Download rufus and throw the image onto a usb and boot into that.

I don't think this method works on windows 7, i'll leave another command for windows powershell
wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Powershell
powershell "(Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey"