Free Versions of Snow Leopard Has Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]wifiwolf[/nom]You should upgrade, buy a pc![/citation]

Keep the computer and load win 7. Why waste the cool looking computer.

seraphimcaduto

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
sounds like when my friend used the windows update function....and it deleted some of the code for his log-on scripts. malware on ILLEGAL copies of the new OS...who would of thought that one cough *microsoft genuine advantage*

wifiwolf

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
that should be called genuine disadvante since pirated ones don't have that problem and those that are caught see degraded usability.

mrhappy50

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Its Bill Gates' plot to DESTROY apple!!!!! OH NO!!! Whatever, no one really cares right? Fruit eventually spoil, even in the fridge.

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Naturally, users of Trend Micro antivirus software are automatically protected from the malicious websites, and are advised to get the latest Snow Leopard update directly from Apple.

The really sad part about this whole thing is that most mac users (gotta be somewhere close to 80%) don't run any type of malware protection software or firewalls (aside from a basic router, i.e. Airport Extreme), and a lot of this has to do with the Apple's "I'm a Mac" and other ads about how this sorta thing just doesn't happen to Macs. I've been in many schools that have rooms full of Macs that aren't protected, and they say that's why they bought them instead of PC's. They didn't want to have to spend the extra time and money on security and malware protection.

Crazy people... ..

manjyomethunder

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]The_Blood_Raven[/nom]Yeah its not like the OS costs something criminally ridiculous like $300 for a retail copy...[/citation]

Mac OS X doesn't have retail copies, all copies are upgrades under the EULA, and logically as each Mac comes with a copy of OS X preinstalled.

Retail copies of Windows are for system builders who can't upgrade from a previous version, and prefer to not be limited by the licensing of an OEM copy.

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
wifiwolf i hear what u are saying, dont need to convert me i am an somewhat of an avid gamer on my desktop and love my bluescreens. One of the biggest reason that i bought the mac was that i wanted the free ipod touch, even then apple is screwing you over because they are going to release new ipods this september or something so they probably needed to liquidate inventory or something

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
[citation][nom]Socrates047[/nom]i just bought a new macbook and am quite unfamiliar withe the macs, do you guys think that i should upgrade.[/citation]Not until 10.6.1 or 10.6.2. You never want to be one of the first to install the first release of a major piece of software, at least not on the primary machine you use. I don't care if it's from Apple, MS, or anyone else (except me, my software always* works correctly the first time).

* - when used in the exact conditions under which it was tested.

;)

backbydemand

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
Maybe this is divine retribution, maybe a French virus writer had a iPhone explode in his face and he decided that Windows isn't the real enemy. Thank you virus writers for proving that something based on Unix isn't all "holier-than-thou"

When I say virus I mean trojans, malware, shitware, etc before you all get arsey..

Status
Not open for further replies.