Free Xbox 360 if Mandatory Update Trashes Old Unit?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

You guys do know that more than likely the whole point of this is so that they can remove any and all flashable drives from the network.

"OOPS WE DESTROYED YOUR MODDABLE XBOX, LETS GIVE YOU ONE THAT YOU CANT MOD AS EASILY =D!"

It's all about game sales, they want people to buy games and not burn them. Microsoft makes more on game sales than they do on the hardware, how else to get people to buy more games, than to destroy their old moddable consoles?

Granted, someone will always find a way to mod a console, but if they can go a year of people buying games, it'll probably be worth it.

PhoneyVirus

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
C4Eva will take care of that new anti-piracy mechanism with LT+ v2.0, New Xbox Backup Creator and along with new 0800 v2.0 Ripping Firmware, That will Extract the Layers of Protection from the original Xbox 360 disc.

I love what a hand full of people can do, like make Microsoft spend more money trying to clean there infected console out. Again C4Eva owns the Xbox 360 NOT Microsoft!

P.S I don't play consoles any more I just write about how to mod/hack them, What a wast of time and money. After finishing Microsoft Windows XP Inside out 2th edition book I have total control over my computer local network and much much more.

I bought the WD TV Live Plus to stream movies music because the consoles couldn't do what I wanted it to do. Again the only thing console are good at are taking your money, why should I give Sony or Microsoft $60+ for a game when I can say like buy a New Processor for my (NAS)/Streaming device for my house hole are more HDD space witch I did.

P.P.S PC to the End Playing Oblivion IV Settings MAXED try that on your Console Fan boys!

On Error Resume Next

Console Suck!

G

Mine was affected by this 4 days ago by trying to update. now it wont even load my dashboard or eject disc tray it just stays frozen i hope they help me with this, i sent them an email as soon as i saw this i hope i get a new Xbox 360

G

I just got off the phone with customer support. They admitted they broke my older xbox360 on purpose and compared it to losing a dog. They offered to replace just the DVD for 120.00 plus shipping. A new one costs 199.00 with HDMI and wireless. I cant believe they admitted intentionally breaking it and then told me to F off. Bye Bye Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.