Freezing and audio lag

Fennec407

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014
So over the past few weeks I've been fighting a failing battle with my pc. Out of seemingly nowhere I'm unable to play games or anything that would put a load on my graphics card. Sometimes just having a movie in my browser paused with music on will create audio stutters. Some quick background: was using win7 now 8.1, using a nvidia gtx 460. So my first guess was the card was failing, but stress testing it and using memory checks shows the card is fine. I've also tested my ram, run chckdsk, as stated, fresh installed and stress tested my processor as well. I have already ordered parts for a whole new rig, but id still like to know what is wrong with this one. I'm currently still able to play dota2, and tf2, haven't tested much more than that. If the settings are up to high the game will completely freeze instead of getting lowered fps like I would expect. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Fennec407

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014

I forgot to add in my post, It's not a laptop, its a custom tower, I did not see any forum areas for desktops. If I need to remove this and post in another thread I will.