From battery to outlet power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaudiaH

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Hello, my Acer laptop charges my battery to max 14% then starts warning me to switch to the outlet power!
1- How to do that?
2- Should i change the battery or the adapter?
Thank you

Solution
switch to the outlet power means plug your laptop into the mains electrical socket because there's not enough charge left in the battery. My guess is the battery needs replacing. After it's been re-charged so many times, a rechargeable battery eventually just wears out and can't be charged up any more.

phil22

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
switch to the outlet power means plug your laptop into the mains electrical socket because there's not enough charge left in the battery. My guess is the battery needs replacing. After it's been re-charged so many times, a rechargeable battery eventually just wears out and can't be charged up any more.

Solution

killerhurtalot

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2012

I've had my dell for 5+ years and the battery still keeps on chugging... (less than half the original battery life though)

I've seen way too many laptops battery fail in 2-3 years... I'm really starting to think that manufacturers are cutting corners on battery manufacturing...

Also depends on how you use them. Batteries are meant to be used. Most people buy a laptop, keep it plugged in for 4 years on a desk, then wonder why the battery that has been in a constant state of charge/discharge for 4 years doesn't work. Take out the battery if you're not using it as a laptop, you'll save years on it.

Using it on battery and letting it get full discharges is actually better for the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.