From Dust is Now Playable on Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I was slightly disappointed with it. I was thinking a god-game like populous or black and white where you can shape the world at a whim. From Dust is a little more constricted, but it gives you tighter goals to attain. This game is well worth the $10 IMO.

whimseh

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
From Dust is really fun, it's nothing like Populous.
However, I'm not going to pay for it again when I already own it.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]That game sucks. Lame attempt to resurrect Populous.[/citation]

At least it's not the 50th generic COD clone.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
3 points.

First its cool that you can buy games through Google Chrome along with other apps.

Second How will this compete with what Windows, is doing, and on the game front what Steam is doing?

Third as nice as the software might be with Chrome, I don't see Chrome's platform taking off.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Can you play it in full screen? What's the point of this system? Is it so that the same games can be played on any capable device like PC, smartphone,and tablet?

G

It can indeed go fullscreen. The purpose is so that people don't have to install several different clients for all their games. It's all in one, simple place. Everything is condensed now-a-days.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I enjoyed the game personally, I just wish it had more game-play elements to it. I am amazed it can play as a browser game as the graphics were quite good.

[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]That game sucks. Lame attempt to resurrect Populous.[/citation]

You never have anything positive to say. You are like the negative nancy of TomsHardware.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
2 things: 1) I'm impressed that that is running in a browser, 2) I would NOT wanna live on that island! It's like living within the Lost series, or something.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]I was slightly disappointed with it. I was thinking a god-game like populous or black and white where you can shape the world at a whim. From Dust is a little more constricted, but it gives you tighter goals to attain. This game is well worth the $10 IMO.[/citation]

-- -- Spoiler Alert -- --

Final stage is a more free-for-all mode where you can use all your powers to really shape the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.