Front Audio jack static sound and also suggestions.

safwaan

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
I have a coolermaster k380 case but whenever i connect my earphones i can hear static noises which is annoying.

dangus

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015
the front audio port cable can pick up electrical noise from other components in your system. you want to try and isolate the cable as much as possible by making sure its not resting on and/or touching components like hard drives, graphics cards, the motherboard, the power supply or basically anything that receives electricity

safwaan

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

So how should i avoid that? If i did that then i wouldn't be able to do any cable management. I also have another audio problem with my amplifier after a long time it creates a crackle static sound. I'm thinking of getting audio monitors instead but then i would have to get some sort of sound card?

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Like @dangus said, front audio ports pick up interference from inside your PC.

So try connecting to the audio plug on the back of your PC instead.
You should also go over the connections inside your case and make sure nothing is coming loose -- even if its not directly related to your audio.

crackling sounds from an amplifier usually means a loose connection somewhere in the stuff thats plugged into the amplifier.

safwaan

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

nothing is loose but how can i isolate it i need an image to shows that. the front panel does have some sort of ground wire but if i unscrew that nothing happens. could it be the motherboard i noticed it never came with red washers (they're in my old case) but i read somewhere that i just for a better fit.

safwaan

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

There is also an AC97 combined with the hd but i can't connect that because mobo only supports hd audio.

dangus

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015

that's great. cool story. HD audio is the newer of the two

safwaan

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

I tried to see if i can create a loop by touching the ac97 connected but it didn't do anything. the cable thing didn't work. I even tried holding it in one place i think the only way is to cut the board and do some mods but i'll leave it and make a whole new build etc.