FTC: Hey, There's Adult Content In Virtual Worlds!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Hey, it's like I said in a previous article... the FTC is a perfect example of another bloated government agency that no longer serves a useful purpose. Instead of protecting consumers from deceptive advertising, and unscrupulous companies manufacturing sub-standard products, they are doing crap like this and harassing the music and movie industries for their content. Since when did the mandate of the FTC become the regulation of morality for the nation's children?

I think the FTC and numerous other government agencies should be defunded and dissolved. FTC Chairman Jon Leibowitz would have to go on unemployment... he sure as hell couldn't get a real job.

angelofprogress

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
"The time is ripe for these companies to grow up and implement better practices to protect kids."

Why the fuck do companies need to protect these kids. These companies are offering a service that may appeal to many adults. It's the job of the parents to keep their kids protected, not other companies.

m3kt3k

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
As an adult that likes adult material may I please have the list of "EVIL" virtual worlds. Im getting tired of pretending to be 12 in goldshire.

lbardo

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
My kids have been using some of the sites shown on this list: http://www.thecoolwebsites.com/cool-kids-websites.html. They all look fairly safe to me, I am hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.