Fujitsu Lifebook A series Black Screen

Mia_2_

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016
So an error message comes up saying fan error press f1 to continue. Then I press F1 and the fujitsu logo comes up, it loads then black screen. I can still move the mouse around and all.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it would boot up normally on the desktop.
- If these doesn't work, press CTRL+ALT+DEL and select Task Manager.
- Once opened, click on File then select New Task and type in explorer.exe and click OK then see if the desktop screen will come back.
- If it doesn't work, load Task Manager again and go to Startup tab and disable all the startup items then reboot.
- Again if it doesn't work try loading in Safe Mode, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options and select Safe Mode.
- If it loads Safe Mode do run System Restore and restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Here's how to perform System Restore: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- If all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows itself.