Full URL record of Browsing History

orionanomaly

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
I have (for a long time) been trying to obtain a program which will record EVERY URL that I visit on the web. I like having a history of all the many places I visit, so I can access it later when I need to find something.

I use bookmarks, favorites, online stuff (Pocket (formerly ReadItLater)), XMarks, etc., as well as using the browser specific history feature (Fx, Opera, Chrome, IE), but all of these have various problems.

The bookmarking sites obviously require me to remember to mark every page, but also have problems with certain types of bookmarks (e.g. a Google search results page will be bookmarked as just 'google.com' without the criteria that was searched).

The browser history features are terrible, as they are frequently missing pages that were visited - they seem to aggregate results as well, not showing every page visited, and sometimes I find they're just missing pages outright. They also erase eventually as the allocated memory fills up.

--

1. I have attempted to use my router to create a URL log (since I reasoned that every URL request must pass through there), but I have a terrible ISP issued router that doesn't allow such a thing.

2. I have attempted to use spy-logging type programs on my machine but these are similar to browser histories, they miss things, and they also are very bad performance wise for some reason; memory leaks I suspect.

Does anyone know of a better way of recording URL histories? A simple spreadsheet with all the URLs would suffice me; nothing fancy (Pocket/ReadItLater tries to make everything fancy, and does nearly everything BUT allow you to export the URLs themselves; extremely annoying).

-----
In parallel, I'm also similarly interested in saving complete webpages for archiving (as I've had sites with information I wanted bookmarked, only to later find them deleted); I'm wondering if there's any good way people know of doing this easily (say one-click webpage archival/save?)

orionanomaly

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
I discovered an Amazon application

http://www.hooeeywebprint.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

That seems to be an attempt at what I'm looking for - but I haven't tried it yet (it also seems to over-complicate the notion of just keeping a text file with all the visited URLs in it)...

Lopez George

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015