Future Snapdragon Android Devices to Get Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]Lack of DRM??? I would call that a "feature"[/citation]
Now it's comments like these I come here for, not the articles. :D

Any show I can get on Netflix, I can get via pirating, so why actually even bother?
Will they actually allow you to select the bandwidth? If you have a small cap, but a decent speed, you may want to set it to low quality etc.
Just like how if I'm playing a online game on my PC, I'd like the ability to dumb down the quality on my PS3 while my roommates use netflix on a PS3. Atleast you can select HD on/off on the PC browser version.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]darkerson[/nom]Netflix is bloatware? I guess it could be worse...[/citation]
yes it is when you can't uninstall the freaking app, just the way you can't uninstall, maps, skype, amazon and so on.....

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
[citation][nom]NeBuN[/nom]yes it is when you can't uninstall the freaking app, just the way you can't uninstall, maps, skype, amazon and so on.....[/citation]

Try reading the manual.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]kenyee[/nom]Notice it said FUTURE snapdragon devices? That means not the snapdragon android currently out...[/citation]

Yeah WTF is up with that!!!

jkeelsnc

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
This is ridiculous. The abandon all the current snapdragon users like incredible, EVO 4G, etc. I think next time I'll get an Iphone so i don't get shoved out in the cold. Thanks google. Great job.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I think it would be nice to take my phone out of my pocket and watch a movie while I run on the treadmill instead of just listening to music all the time or watching TV when it's not what you REALLY want to watch cause someone else is watching and worst of all... Trying to tune into those crappy close curcuit auto streams so you can actually hear the TV. I'll pass on all of that BS. Netflix on my phone (or a tablet) would be nice to have at the gym.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]NeBuN[/nom]yes it is when you can't uninstall the freaking app, just the way you can't uninstall, maps, skype, amazon and so on.....[/citation]
It's called rooting my friend!

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]I think it would be nice to take my phone out of my pocket and watch a movie while I run on the treadmill instead of just listening to music all the time or watching TV when it's not what you REALLY want to watch cause someone else is watching and worst of all... Trying to tune into those crappy close curcuit auto streams so you can actually hear the TV. I'll pass on all of that BS. Netflix on my phone (or a tablet) would be nice to have at the gym.[/citation]
I can do that now! I choose my movie from my collection, encode it to avi, wmv, mp4, or simply download it, copy it to my sd card and presto I'm watching a movie of my choice while treading the treadmill.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
there's notihing wrong with non intrusive dmr... you can't jsut let people all over acress your services if they aren't payign for them... thats how you end up going out of buisness.

Avariche

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Exclusive is an understatement. Have they been talking to Apple? And boom goes the dynamite with your data plan. All dead. All dead. Overage town here I come!

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Watching a 2 hour movie on a small screen is actually annoying so not worried about this.

Also my phone is the Samsung Epic 4G so I know I won't be seeing Netflix on it anytime soon.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]o0RaidR0o[/nom]It's called rooting my friend![/citation]

True, but the carrier/manufacturer will void your warranty. So if you have a problem and you cannot un-root your phone before sending it in, you might want to claim you "lost" it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.