GåågleBot Vacuums While Indexing Your Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinsear

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
That's pretty funny once you take it outside and it starts indexing:
"Rock 1". "Rock 2". "Round rock". "Small rock". "Leaf 1".

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Called the GåågleBot (pronounced /google-bot/)..
No. It's actually pronounced "gogle-bot".

Don't worry Kevin, one sunny day you'll manage to write an article with nothing but facts and without grammatical errors. I'm looking forward to it :)

On a different note, this thing seems really cool. Now if it only could go through my drawers..

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
One big flaw: When the camera can't see stuff.

Maybe the DVD case or book is at an angle the camera can't see, maybe there's a bunch of stuff that's covered with clothes, and what about everything in containers, cabinets, drawers, plain boxes, storage containers?

It's still a great idea, but it's limited to what it can see from the ground.

knightofdames

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
Hey, if a thief invades a home and takes hostages, this prog can be used by Police to check what is the situation stuff by identifying the weapons..

but if the thief is smart and kicks GåågleBot's butt, then police shuld handle the negotiations in good old ways..

Hats off to Hackers

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Most interesting thing i've seen in a while. I want, although it'd probably fall down my attic hatch if i tried to use it up here.

wolfseeker2828

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
[citation][nom]Skid[/nom]I've always wondered, there meant to be vacuum cleaners, but, where does it put the dust?[/citation]

It indexes it and puts it on the web server, duh.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I'm more facinated with the vacuuming without me having to be present than the fact that it records stuff it sees .... truth be told, I don't have much stuff at ground level with text to be recognized.
Why can't my dirt devil do the work without me being around?

Jimmy22

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
A vacuum cleaner that works for me, not with me = good
Something that tells me where i left my cheque book = good
But putting them both together is not the obvious choice...hehe.

I like the "check up on the wife" feature, i should get one and lend it to the neighbours, much more interesting!

IncinX

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
I would be more interested in changing the web interface to let me play with my roomba in an FPS fashion. "There's the cat! PWNED!"

IncinX

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
I would be more interested in changing the web interface to let me play with my roomba in an FPS fashion. "There's the cat! PWNED!"

Status
Not open for further replies.