Galaxy j2 screen problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hou

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
My Galaxy J2 was running fine until about 3 months ago. After that point however my problems only increased.

It started with the screen flickering at low brightness settings (which I easily fixed with a Play Store application) but now recently I've been experiencing a problem where, whether my phone turns off by itself or by me clicking the Power Button, the screen flickers... But it stays black. At first, this problem was minor and after a few touches of the Power Button it would turn on. But as times gone on it has only gotten worse. It's come to the point now where I've removed my battery 5 times in one night to restart it just once.

Both the volume and the home key and also the touch screen work. My problem then is: how do I fix this?

Any help would be much appreciated thanks!!!

Solution
It could be a app or settings changed by an app, that are causing the problem. It could also be a hardware issue.

To test and see if it is the former, try turning off the phone then restarting in "Safe Mode" (instructions on how are below). Then see if the problem persists while you are running in "Safe Mode". If it doesn't, then you definitely have something on the device (malware, etc.,) that is the cause and you need to find and remove it. If it is not easily removable, you may have to do a "Hard Reset" of the phone, but that is a last resort option.

If the problem does still happen in "Safe Mode" then it may well be a hardware issue. You will have to see if you can repair it yourself, or take it to someone/someplace that can...
It could be a app or settings changed by an app, that are causing the problem. It could also be a hardware issue.

To test and see if it is the former, try turning off the phone then restarting in "Safe Mode" (instructions on how are below). Then see if the problem persists while you are running in "Safe Mode". If it doesn't, then you definitely have something on the device (malware, etc.,) that is the cause and you need to find and remove it. If it is not easily removable, you may have to do a "Hard Reset" of the phone, but that is a last resort option.

If the problem does still happen in "Safe Mode" then it may well be a hardware issue. You will have to see if you can repair it yourself, or take it to someone/someplace that can. NOTE: If it is still under warranty, then contact the manufacturer about the issue so as to not void the warranty.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.