Galaxy Nexus Benchmarked, Beats iPhone 4S in Browsing

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]No the article is full of rumors and speculation, like any other nVidia article that came from SemiAccurate. I've yet to read a single article from there that praises nVidia.[/citation]

I haven't read SemiAccurate long enough to see them being Anti-Nvidia.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Android fanbois sucks[/nom]Why when Android loss in an area, their fan boy can say its not critical. but when other OS loss to Android in certain area, they are not allow to say its not critical by Android fan boi??[/citation]

i'm an android user...but this does seem to be the case. i'm curious if other graphical benchmarks show this much variance...or how much of this could be driver/software optimization issues...it'd be curious if nvidia was that far behind on actual graphics power.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]So what you're saying is Wikipedia, and all the tech sites that use 800MHz are wrong......and you're trying to speculate that it's 1.2 GHz or higher? I don't understand your argument, so please elaborate. If you look at the benchmarks vs the iPad 2 with the same processor at 1GHz - 800MHz in the iPhone4S fits. It can't be higher speed and score lower than the iPad 2...TDP is handled better in the iPad 2 chassis vs the iPhone so that also makes 800 MHz makes even more sense.Again, I state: A newer 4 core, 1.2 Ghz chip should TOAST the iPhone's A5 2 core chip at a lower speed - how about 820MHz? Does that make you better?[/citation]

He is simply saying its an estimate. If you look closely all sites ive looked at use ESTIMATE.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Actually this chart simply illustrates just how inefficient Android is. It takes the hardware of a SGII to beat an iPhone 4S - whose specs are not respectable by any means.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Actually this chart simply illustrates just how inefficient Android is. It takes the hardware of a SGII to beat an iPhone 4S - whose specs are not respectable by any means.[/citation]
??????

The iPhone 4s' hardware is very very strong...the iPhone has never been "that poor little phone" The SGSII's hardware is at or near the same level. The thing I really wish for the iPhone 4 is another .8-1" of screen real estate. For Android phones I not only want a pixel count and quality equal to the iPhone 4's but I'd like it in a chassis that's that's as nice ace the iPhone 4s...not the sub-par battery-having ugly HTC Rezound that that beautiful screen currently exists in. If they could put the HTC Rezound's screen in the Motorola Droid RAZR the conversation WOULD BE OVER. PERIOD. THE END. ...but it is not to be.

Even the Galaxy Nexus is pentile wrapped in a plastic chassis. :(

G

Interesting. The GPU thing will be big for Apple when it comes to competition agains xbox and sp2. I've heard they are releasing a bluetooth controller and if you have apple TV you can tie it to your your phone through os5. If that's the case they aren't really competing against Google anymore, they're going against Microsoft and Sony. It will probably be more useful for game play on the phone when they release the larger screen for the 5. This just shows once again that specs on phones are quite arbitrary, software will always rule the game. Component wise it looks like Apple is taking the cake on this one, I of course give the nod to Android with the user features. I guess it kinda matters what you intend to use your phone for in the future. Just as a smartphone or as a central part of your life. Gaming, media, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.