Solved! galaxy note 10.1 LTE n8020 (rooted) factory reset problem

eternity.joefong

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
i hv a galaxy note 10.1 LTE (n8020) ,i root it using kingroot,download twrp n install it wrongly,i didnt notice that n factory reset my device (forget to back up),its now stuck at...Downloading..Do not turn off target !! i tried to power off but cannot. is there anyway i can fix it pls ? thk u n bless All !

Solution
You can't really do a factory or hard reset after rooting a device. You may have to let it run out of power or pull the battery to get it to turn off. Yes, I know tablet batteries are a hassle to get to, however your device is no longer under warranty (rooting voids that) so if needed you should be able to very carefully open it.

You may want to try unrooting the device. I know of two apps that should be able to help with unrooting a device. Others may know of more or other ways, as I am really not a fan of rooting, so not my expertise. :) The two apps, which should be able to be found at the Google Play Store are "SuperSU" and "ES File Explorer". I think "SuperSU" is free but I don't know about "ES File Explorer".

How to unroot...
You can't really do a factory or hard reset after rooting a device. You may have to let it run out of power or pull the battery to get it to turn off. Yes, I know tablet batteries are a hassle to get to, however your device is no longer under warranty (rooting voids that) so if needed you should be able to very carefully open it.

You may want to try unrooting the device. I know of two apps that should be able to help with unrooting a device. Others may know of more or other ways, as I am really not a fan of rooting, so not my expertise. :) The two apps, which should be able to be found at the Google Play Store are "SuperSU" and "ES File Explorer". I think "SuperSU" is free but I don't know about "ES File Explorer".

How to unroot Android: Using SuperSU

1. Download, from the Google Play Store, and install "SuperSU".

2. Launch the app and go to “Settings”.

3. Scroll down and locate, and tap, “Full unroot”.

4. It will ask you to confirm that you really want to unroot your device. To start, tap continue.

5. When it is done, the app will automatically close and then restart your device.

6. When it is done, and the device restarts, it should be fully unrooted.

7. Uninstall "SuperSU" and you are done.

How to unroot Android: Using ES File Explorer

1. Download, from the Google Play Store, and install "ES File Explorer".

2. Launch the app and tap "Menu".

3. Scroll to locate “Tools”. Tap that and then turn on “Root Explorer”.

4. Now you will have to grant it "root privileges", if prompted.

5. Go back to your home screen and then navigate to your device’s root folder. It should found as “/” in explorer.

6. From root, navigate to “system” and then “bin”.

7. Find, and delete, the “busybox” and “su”. If you can’t find them, move on to step eight.

8. Navigate back to “/” and open the “app” folder.

9. Delete superuser.apk.

10. Restart your Android device. Your device should reboot unrooted.

Solution

eternity.joefong

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
i had removed the batteries of the tablet, but once i put back the batteries the Downloading do no turn off screen is back again,even after batteries totally flat,when i charge the tablet it automatically on again.Is it because i didn't back up correctly n don't hv a system recovery in it ?

eternity.joefong

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
ok i tried hard reset,the screen asking continue pop out,so i cancel ,than this came out at top left corner.....odin mode....product name:GT-N8020...custom binary download :no.....current binary:samsung official....system status:custom.....but the Downloading do not turn off still there n nothing happen

eternity.joefong

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
my last hope,found a video showing how to unroot my n8020, downloading firmware nw but need a few hours to download,well worth waiting if it fix my n8020. this teach me a lesson,never do anything that i totally know nothing about ! Once again MILLION THANKS webworkings for the help you provides !

eternity.joefong

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
i have follow the unroot method provide by rootgalaxynote.com using odin step by step but the result is...< id:0/005 > file analysis...< osm > all threads completed.( 0 success/1 fail ),in just 1 second,according to rootgalaxynote.com it takes about 5 to 10 mins to complete. what else went wrong n what else i can do ? pls HELP me !!!!!!!! ps: the binary size show on odin is 0.0 mb.

eternity.joefong

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018

np bro,i suspect i had accidentally wipe off the original system recovery,also reset without backing up. u r awsome bro,thk u for yr kind attention n help.