Galaxy Note 5 and SDHC reader

Jeanie_NJ

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
I'm trying to view photos from a trail camera on my Note 5 phone using an OTC Mobile Phone Connection. My phone can't open the images on the card. I can plug the card into a PC and find the DCMI folder and browse through the photos. When I plug the card into my phone the phone created Android folders (all empty) and a LOSTDIR file. sometimes the image files are in the lostdir folder but I can't open them. Any suggestions?

Are they actually in the right folder for your phone?

The photos may be in a totally different folder than your phone created, making the phone not even notice they are there. I would suggest you try to access it, again, from your computer, and while on there move the photos into the right folder.

This should resolve the problem.

Jeanie_NJ

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016

I don't think you understand the actual problem. The photos are in the DCMI or DCIM folder when I view the card on a computer. Everything is fine and viewable.

Then when I plug the card into the reader attached to my phone I suddenly have new, empty folders and one folder called Lost,DIR. The photos are in that LOST.DIR folder but my phone can't open them. When I plug the card back into the computer, I see all these empty Android folders and now the computer can't read the image files either and I have to format the card.