Galaxy Note 9 Hands-on Review: A $999 Water-Cooled, AI Camera Beast

fox1x

Estimable
Jul 16, 2015
The Huawei Mate 10 pro also doesn't need a dock like dex. Just a cable. Huawei also had scene recognition (you mentioned P20 Pro I realize.). Seems for once someone is copying China than the other way around.

u2haveaniceday

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
Mark been reading Tomsguide for long time and always come back because you guys always have Awesome articles. I'm big Note fan and I really enjoyed the article the good the bad and in between. Thanks so much for sharing.Keep up the Awesome Reviews and Articles Always enjoy Deb ????

Aug 13, 2018
If you buy this phone, it's because you are after a stylus. And there is NOTHING that competes in that realm if you want premium. Also, here's my issue with all these people docking it for being expensive... The S9+ is $840. No one cares or complains. For $159 more, you get on the Note9 (1) a larger battery, (2) double the storage, (3) a screen that is slightly better/bigger AND detects 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity in Wacom-like fashion, (4) a slightly improved camera, and (5) the all-important stylus which is obviously the centerpiece of this phone. I think most people would pay $159 for that package to upgrade their current phone and it wouldn't be an unreasonable ask.

So why so much complaint over this price? It's reasonable IF you think the S9+ is a reasonable price.

darkomaledictus

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Nice, definitely my next phone. No need to wait for next Iphone (locked environment and emulators are a pain to install even rooted) and new pixel doesn't do sd card.

Aug 16, 2018
Was the review done with same 150nit brightness? I was expecting to see a 1hour gain from 700mAh. The other reviews show that 1 hr gain but yours. Were you using the spen during the test?

Jan 12, 2019
I used Blackberry phones for many years, then moved to two good Android phones before moving to the Samsung S8+ and now to the super Samsung Note9 with 512GB. I use it for business communications and calendaring everything I do. I use it for documents and Internet browsing. The stylus!! Nothing equals its convenience as a smart smartphone tool.

Jan 23, 2019
This review is really bad. Compare the Note 9 with 6gb Ram to the other ones?
If you put it to the test take the 8gb with 512gb.
Its the best phone on the market and iphone doesnt have half of the function the Samsung have