Galaxy Note 9 Water Cooling Tested: Fails to Impress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2018
In my opinion, there is not much difference in the hard test and there is a difference in the general use environment.

When I installed and played fortnite(In korean samsung store) I had a lower fever than the S8+ I used.

Aug 11, 2018
In my opinion, there is not much difference in the hard test and there is a difference in the general use environment.

When I installed and played Port Knight, I had a lower fever than the S8+ I used.

anscarlett

Honorable
Jul 18, 2018
The water cooling is to assist in transferring heat away from the SoC to prevent thermal throttling. It will not decrease the temperature of the outside of the device, in face I would expect this to increase, if anything.

Aug 10, 2018
Lol you mean yall don't know that it does not affect the outside of the phone? You all must have an apple iphone so far up uour as*Hole you don't realize it.

Aug 12, 2018
Completely irrelevant test and so unscientific, it is nauseating. Too many variables. To test this, you need to have identical hardware and software with the exception of the cooling framework. At the very least, you'd have to custom build a note 9 with note 8 internals and a non - carbon fiber matrix. This article illustrated a lack of understanding of heat transfer and complete disregard for thermal dissipation differences in the operation of completely different SoCs.

Aug 12, 2018
I am thankful that there are a few people in here that understand that you want the Note 9 to appear warmer as that is the entire point of heat dissipation. The true way to do this test is to track the SOC temp as the test goes. People are so quick to judge...I hope that there will be a more well thought out test in the future.

Aug 15, 2018
I have just a question for Samsung company: that'sit: why dod you try to use Exynos chipset NOT Snapdragon????

it's crystal clear that Exynos is not comparable with Snapdragon.

Aug 18, 2018
I wonder how long will it takes to completely dried out the water carbon inside the heatsink. I'm waiting for experts to stress test the phone without the liquid inside. If it performs worse, the same in comparison to Note 8.

Aug 18, 2018
I wonder if the liquid inside will dried out eventually? If so, someone should stress test without the liquid inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.