Galaxy S4 or HTC One

museprime

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I know this topic gets shot around everywhere But I could use some help deciding.
So I to get a new phone I unfortunately had an Galaxy nexus on sprint with bad bad battery life and call reception.

So my choices was the of course the two top dogs. the HTC one and the Samsung galaxy nexus.

Now I thought both of these phones were amazing but I could only get one. Things I like about the HTC one.

1.It's looks amazing
2.It's got a good but simple interface
3.the speaker. yes I use headphone most of the time but those speakers are great and they come with beats headphones too.

What I don't like
1.The apps interface. I much prefer scrolling through apps horizontally than vertically like my nexus.

And 2. which is my reason for not picking up the HTC One
CONSISTENCY

I've had several HTC phones. And as far as updating and continued support HTC has a bad track record. And I'm really afraid that this phone will be abandoned just like many HTC phones before and updates will stop. HTC one X anyone?

So I went with the s4. but as much as I'm enjoying it.

I don't like the bloatware. I feel like there is too much and to little for customization . I know this is simple to correct by just rooting the phone. but sometime I'm a guy who just wants to do things right out the box.

I do like the .3 more screen space lol. and even though its plastic I still think its not bad.
And as far as consistency goes. Samsung makes as shit load of new phones too but there been only one flagship galaxy and it's the S brand.

But what do you think? Everyone opinion here has always been great so I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Keep my S4 or return for an HTC one?

Yash Bhati

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Firstly best wishes fir ur new phone.
Now as u asked i will better to suggest u that htc one is the better option in front of s4 this m saying after using these both phones. Actually htc has no problems of bug and hanging etc while i n switching from one app. To another but s4 is a little having this prblm.
hope this will help u

museprime

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
That does help however. I'm just worried that HTC will drop support for this phone. I mean how many flagship phones have they had? and how often have they dropped support for a phone

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I too would recommend the One over the S4. Samsung screwed it up big time.

Basically, the big bug is this: there's two processors with four cores each. A small processor, and a large one. It was designed this way to enable execution of heavy workloads by combining the two, or to disable the larger processor altogether to save battery life.

However, due to an implementation error in the "big/little driver" for the CPUs, the phone can only use a maximum of four cores at any given time. Whether that is all four of the larger processor, or all four of the smaller, or two from each, or any other combination that totals four.

Until this is fixed, likely with the next Android update - the S4 isn't worth the money. It performs just as well as the S3, and no better.

kong911

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
I preferred One...it's in shipping at the moment. I've picked up the 64Gb developer version so I don't need to worry about storage space. Since it doesn't have a MicroSD slot. Otherwise, design/material wise it beats S4.

Further, if you worry about the scrolling. Root and unlocked and install custom ROM, which has horizontal scrolling. I've recommend Cyanogen ROM.

surajmittal

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
Go for HTC one. It offers great features. The device is able to give great completion to iPhone 5, Blackberry Z10 and Sony Xperia Z.

ekuhner

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

museprime - what phone did you buy? and it sounds like Android updates is an important requirement for you - I'd love to understand why that's so critical in your purchase decision?