Galaxy S9+ Review: A Solid Upgrade to a Great Big-Screen Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt Smith

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
Hi reviewers. Reading here (maybe else where) re S9 text to speach is bad, much worse then S5, 6, 7. And bad keypad, disapearing keypad.

Why can't you review usability / important issues and not just display, speakers and camera???? Why allow us picky buyers get stuck with a lemon phone due to omissions in your review?

Other buyers reporting opening the box, CPU/battery use spikes, battery goes dead, reset, repeat, reset, repeat, send back brand new S9 due to often complained about battery use??? I was looking for a new phone. Makes me mad when real world issues are left out of reviews.

Curt Smith

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
Here or some where, S9/S9+ users complain of speech to text being crapy (they went back to S7) and disappearing keyboard issues. Which to me seem like version 1.0 or 0.7 issues that should be gone some 5 yrs ago on android, not a flag ship phone.

can someone dispell these important features: speech to text being TOPS TOPS or just average? Keyboard being great great or wonky as reported?

Honestly I'm ok with 3 versions ago cameras, I just want a reliable phone, that is business friendly: loud LOUD alerts for calendar and SMS. Configurable repeating forever till I acknowledge the alert. This is the biggest problem for business users. In a noisy or multi-tasking env a missed alert!!! Need repeating alerts! Need app badge counts (count of un-read messages on all apps: email, SMS, calendar etc). My wife has a useless naked android phone. Absolutely un-usable, no badge counts, bug re soft alert sound, no repeating anything.

How about some usability reviews and skip these time wasting camera reviews???

Jun 25, 2018
Not worth it. Not after what I learned from YouTube about all the new phones from China. They are much cheaper and have more functionalities than both iPhone X and S9.

Status
Not open for further replies.