Galaxy S9 vs. iPhone X: Which Flagship Should You Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baddwulf

Estimable
Jul 7, 2014
Feels like the iPhone X was given a mercy point in the display section and that the customization and utility of Android and its launchers over iOS was not addressed. I don't disagree the two handsets are remarkably close in almost all areas, I just think that maybe the chips should have fell differently in these two areas. Aside from that, great article. A very practical comparison that I am sure many people are wondering about now.

busabashi

Great
Feb 27, 2018
I have an iPhone X, 7 Plus & a Samsung S8+. If I had it to do all over again, I'd have stuck w/ my old iPhone 5 & bought a 2017 Surface Pro instead & be WAY ahead money wise. I'm DONE buying phones for 6-7 years!

Mar 17, 2018
Are you, in any way, trying to justify your purchase of your Iphone X? Your comparison is [watch your language] to say the least. Display? Tied? Really? Do you even know how to compare? Iphone is not even close. The screen size isn't even good at all...and a lot of people are complaining about it. Performance is 15 for Iphone? S9+ has 6GB. What does your Iphone X have? A mere 3GB? How's the front cam? 7 MP for Iphone X compared to S9's 8MP? Get your comparison right and give credits when proper (and rightfully) credits are due. I have an Iphone X and I hope I waited for the Iphone X Plus but even so, I don't like sites (like yours unfortunately-because of this) that fakes result to favor your own preference. Smh *if you are trying to get people to comment and get more exposure, well, you are doing a great job for wrong reasons...and that goes to your credibility as a writer. Clearly, it's either your biased or you do not know how to compare. You don't even have a formula on how to calculate things here. How do you give 15 points? Or 12 points for that matter? What constitutes it? You have much to learn kid.

Mar 19, 2018
@ZEPHIRES
You profess to have knowledge, even to the extent of telling someone that they have much to learn, yet you yourself understand very little of what you are talking about. Apple has FAR better memory management. It doesn't need as much RAM as Android. Check Youtube for examples of how Apple destroys Android when opening and closing multiple apps despite having less RAM.
You compare via specsheets. Apple doesn't work this way. There's a lot more to it than how much RAM or how many MP's the camera has. Jeez...
Also, in 5 years time when this iPhone X is still being kept up to date with all of the latest security and features updates, how many will the S9 have enjoyed? One or two maybe.
Both are fine phones but there's a LOT more to phones than specs. A completely secure ecosystem is worth way more than megapixels to me and it's something that Android is WAY behind on. Read up on that before calling people [watch your language] .

Apr 3, 2018
@JOHNMAC67
You profess to have knowledge, even to the extent of telling someone that they have much to learn, yet you yourself understand very little of what you are talking about. Lets talk camera. Have you heard of DxOMark? well they are professionals who review image quality and the S9+ got a 99 compared to 97 for the iPhone X now about them spec sheets, so the spec sheets and the test results, show that Samsung has a better camera setup than Apple. Secondly the RAM. Yes Apple has "good management" of RAM but your wrong with how "Apple destroys Android" in RAM management because those Youtube examples you mentioned are not accurate then because the S8, S8+, Note 8, S9, an S9+ have beat the iPhone 7, 7+, 8, 8+, and the X in multiple tests when it comes to RAM management which is surprising because i thought the A11 Bionic chip "blew all other processors out of the water" when it came to opening and closing apps and yes the iPhone did win some of the times but Samsung won most of the time which is why Samsung won that specific review and also there are more reviews which show the S9, and the S9+ winning but its just so surprising that the less powerful phone beat the X in most scenarios. Overall you are the one who sounds like an idiot right now and any newer iPhones will get the most up-to-date updates because its its apples to apples not apples to oranges to bananas which is why over the years there has been improvement among Samsung devices for updates. So how bout you "read up on that before calling people [watch your language] ."

Mar 13, 2018
how about a 10 point deduction for the display spoiling "NOTCH" that app developers are having to work around ...what an unforgivable error of judgement!!.. And that notch uses valuable real estate in the much smaller screen compared to the S9+. If Samsung goes that way I will be going the opposite way I can tell you..
I see they have registered a design (or similar happening).. let hope its just a precaution..

also many more apps can be held open in the S9+'s Memory whereas the X has to reload the whole app..

its really no contest.. the S9+ wins hands down!!

May 1, 2018
you not for real Iphone X is a winner why you cannot compete with S9 / S9 plus specs and what it can do yet you are quick to disregard allot of stuff the camera can do and phone capabilities

May 3, 2018
Lol, I was hoping that the X would be available in Jet Black, maybe that will be the deciding point for me. For now I am loving my 6S+ and still have $1200. Duckets in my pockets. Nice phone but very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.