Galaxy S9 vs. Pixel 2: Which Android Flagship Will Win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberquester

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
If using the Google Assistant is of any importance to you specs hardly matter. I previously used a Nexus 5x, till it boot loopped to the cell phone graveyard. As a current S8+ user I am constantly annoyed at the phones inability to work seamlessly with the Google Assistant and ecosystem. Even simple tasks like dialing the phone or creating a calendar event consistently default back to Samsung's apps even after having set the new apps as my defaults and removing from the Samsung apps all rights or ability to update. Bottom line, specs hardly matter if you use the Google Assistant!

jlubea

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
I'm a software engineer at a small company. I'm unaffiliated with Google, Samsung, or any other phone manufacturer.

As a relatively happy S8+ user who recently switched to the Pixel 2 XL, I can confidently say that I will never buy another Samsung phone.

Smart phones are smart because of software. Samsung's software sucks. Google's software is stellar.

Feb 16, 2018
At ONLY $649 (can't believe people pay a grand for a phone).....PIXEL 2! Hands down. Operates as smooth as butter, best camera, free picture storage and no bloatware! Easy decision.

Mar 7, 2018
JLUBEA said it best, as a happy prior user of Samsung and current Pixel 2XL owner I just can't see myself going back.

I love how Samsung pushes new designs and tech to force market competition however the Pixel's just work so well it makes you love the reliable consistency. On paper Samsung will always win because that's their focus but underline user experience definitely goes to the Pixel's. Somehow I don't miss the SD card slot, dual cameras, or headphone jack & that's huge as I never thought I could let such things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.