Game Zero Sound Quality Problems (On laptop)

Adam_51

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
Just bought the Game Zero headset after reading dozens of good review and watching many you tube videos on how these headpones are " an audiophile grade headset." This along with the sleek design and comfy look made me buy them.

Try them on and plug them into my Lenovo y510p, and the audio sounds crap. Upgrading from apple ear buds I was expecting a lot from a £200 headset. The sound is all tinny and there is little bass. This is reflected on when I'm playing CS:GO, where the shooting of guns sounds like tin cans being dropped on the floor.

I've read elsewhere on this website on how to improve these headphones, and the majority of posts are saying to buy a sound card or an amp, an option which seems almost impossible (I'm on a laptop.) I don't also want to spend £100 pounds more on a sound-card , adding to an investment costing me £200 pounds already.

Any suggestions on how to improve the sound on these as I do not want to return them, as the mic quality and also the overall feel of the headset is amazing.

Edit: I have looked around and a "HeadPhone AMP" might be a viable option. Are there any good ones around cheap? Looking to spend 70£ or under.

Solution
due to design, the game zero will always be bass-light sounding. while a warm amplifier or soundcard can help, this is not going to change the nature of the headset.

you might like the game one more which is based on the hd598.
due to design, the game zero will always be bass-light sounding. while a warm amplifier or soundcard can help, this is not going to change the nature of the headset.

you might like the game one more which is based on the hd598.

Solution