Games Are "Permitting" Virtual War Crimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I mean yeah, I can see a part of where they're coming from with the whole airport massacre level, which I actually found myself restarting after playing it for 5 min, because I couldn't believe what I had just done, playing that in a game, at least. But then I realized, it's just that.

A game.

leafblower29

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
If games are so bad, everyone who I know who plays call of duty, etc. would have killed someone by now.

Anyways I thought humanitarian laws only apply to REAL people not pixels an a display.

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Hey, it games might even help reduce crime!

If someone wants to go kill people they can in a game, and they won't have to worry about doing suicide just before the cops get you.

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
That's nothing, in CS we execute hostages all the time. But seriously, those humanitarian groups have nothing better to do. Maybe we should start World War III and they'll have something to cry about.

G

That CoD6 level did confuse me, but after playing it several times (not out of sick enjoyment, just different difficulty levels) don't feel the urge to go out and nail down an airport of civies. Infact i've played many, many war games and I still wouldn't dream of killing someone i disliked, never mind a bunch of innocents.

As said many times before:

It is just a game.

maigo

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
As long as you kill people humanely it's okay, but if someone makes a game where you pretend to hurt a pixel, you're a sick monkey for playing it

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
yeah call of duty 5 even if that world was real life the earth got nuked the shit over you really think human rights is at the top of their worlds little list of things to fix.

zeesh it's a game don't make it a big deal and kids wont grow up to think that's how people really act.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Handle news how you perceive it. But I'll be honest, I can't convince myself to actually trust someone that plays GTA games..no way in hell, its the principle. For me, duke nukem and postal is what I call gaming on close enough..a lot of games have taken that way farther. Play games, sure..but they say something about you just as much as a book, movie or opinion can. All I am saying is perceive your company and go from there.

garyshome

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Well what if only one side [is forced to] plays by the rules and the other side doesn't? [al queda, hamas]. Someone should make a game like real life conflicts. Here go more of our rights out the window.

Cynical

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
This has to be one of the most retarded things I've ever heard. In order to violate humanitarian laws, I would think that the victim must actually be....oh, I don't know....HUMAN! It's a game. They're digital images created for the purpose of entertainment. I now have 2 more groups to lump into my category containing Jack Thompson....those who should have been swallowed before conception.

G

Ultimately, the study determined that the games are sending an "erroneous" message that conflicts are waged without limits.

War is inhumane, if you are going to war, you are going to kill people, trying to act like using a humane method, or humane tactics; somehow makes it less terrible is just leftist bullshit.

I like a war game that allows the player to do what they would actually do in a real fight. If I had a flamethrower, and someone was coming at me with a knife, I am not going to go "oh its against the Geneva convention" and try and melee the guy; I am going to burn him to death.

I bet these pussies wouldnt even let you set your phaser to kill in a Star Trek game, as that would be inhumane.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]paperfox[/nom]what about animal rights?!?!think about all those poor lvl 1 boars outside of stormwind... hehe[/citation]

Animals have the right... The right to remain TASTY!

...other titles allowed the destruction of churches...

/facepalm.

Kevin, did they say anything about mosques, temples and other places of worship? If not, then it's obvious that Trial and Pro Juventute are affiliated with the church (and we all know how partisan those groups are...).

Status
Not open for further replies.