Solved! Games Stuttering Whilst Gaming

NippleTwister

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015
Hello all, any help on this would be much appreciated!

So i had a virus a couple of days ago, it messed with all my files and i had to reinstall my games and other stuff. I ran R.Kill > Malware Bytes > Hitman Pro > Zemana Anti Malware. This seems to have got ridden of the virus, i also did this is safe mode too and it didnt pick up anything. Now when i am gaming my Games seem to be stuttering all of a sudden. I have tried reinstalling graphic drivers but it did not work. I have 200fps in some of these games and it does not drop at all when i get these stutters. I have noticed in my resource monitor that my memory is constantly at 45% when nothing is running i dont know if this is normal?

As a side note i would also like to mention my PC as a hole has had some other "technical" issues lately I.E. Ive had to Underclock my CPU because it is faulty and will Blue screen and crash all the time at full capacity, my rig is roughly 3-4 years old so maybe these issues are because my rig is just a bit rusty now? Its just strange that i only got these problems after the virus.

MY SPECS ARE:
CPU: I7 4790K
GPU: GTX 970
Motherboard: Z97X-Gaming7
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 2 x 8GB 2133mhz
SSD: 850 evo SSD
PSU: RM 850 PSU

Thank you for reading my post, any help would be appreciated!
- Sam

Solution
Use MSI afterburner, and set up the OSD (on screen display ) to monitor your CPU/GPU/Ram usage and temps during game play. Take a screenshot and post it here. If anything is hitting 100% that would cause issues.

Let us know how you get on.

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
It depends on the game. For example, if you were playing BF1/V with 8gbs system ram, then I can understand why you are getting stuttering.

Also, if you are playing at 1080p 60hz, the the GTX970 with 4gbs of vram will come into play, and could also cause stuttering.

If you are sure you got the virus off, then okay, see how it goes. The only way to be sure will be to do a fresh install of windows.

With only 8gb system ram it's not unusual that 45% might be used up. Some is reserved for hardware and some for the OS. Getting 16gb in there will serve you well, as would maybe looking at a GPU upgrade. Adding that will give you another year or two on your system with great results and no stuttering :) The I7 4790k is still a very decent gaming CPU. Couple of tweaks and you'll be good to go.

NippleTwister

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015

Sorry i have 2 x 8gb of system ram! I play R6 Siege and CSGO, I have never had this issue until this week. I have everything set to low in my games so i can get more fps. Im pretty sure the virus has gone but im not an expert tbh i just know a few bits :p

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
Use MSI afterburner, and set up the OSD (on screen display ) to monitor your CPU/GPU/Ram usage and temps during game play. Take a screenshot and post it here. If anything is hitting 100% that would cause issues.

Let us know how you get on.

Solution