GameStation Legally Claims 7,500 Human... Souls

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
It's a great joke but it does make a suprising point. The retail sealed software box doesn't have the EULA printed on the outside. The only way to review the contract is to buy the product, open, and start installing on the computer. So, if the consumer reads it, and decides to not agree/install, can they return for a full refund? Most retailers only allow for exchange for the same software after it's been opened. How does that work?

G

Lol! I really enjoyed reading this. My personal experience was from a man, to whom I told him "wow you're the first to ever read our policy". His response was "I lived in Vegas all of my life, and the first thing my momma taught me was to read the fine print. Else for all you know, you could be signing off a million dollars and never know it".

dtq

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
Point of law in the UK unfair \ detrimental contracts including EULA's and T+C's are not necesarily legally binding.

All these "contracts" fall under the Unfair Contract Terms Act and Consumer Protection Act. Regardless of what you "sign up to".

Unnegotiated contracts such as this are simply not worth the paper the are printed on (which in this case the paper is non existant).

Oh and if the person agreeing to said EULA \ T+C is under 18 they are a minor and no contract may be enforced against them.

The test of a contract is the courtroom where whats fair and right will be settled independantly.

Even a signature on a piece of paper with every term spelled out cannot be enforced if a court would judge it "unfair".

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]jamesedgeuk2000[/nom]Technically speaking if souls do exist they are the property of the god who created them and not their corporeal shells[/citation]
Don't negative one/thumbs down everyone who just disagreed that souls exist. It's petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.