GameStop: iOS Trade-ins Have "Exceeded Expectations"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They offer cash for your idevices as well. Just sold them one;) $200

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Probably because you work there. A non-employee-slave would most probably not be treated as you were.[/citation]

I worked for EB Games back in 2005 and 2006 (back when we "merged" - aka were bought - by Gamestop) and at that time you didn't get any special treatment when trading stuff in. I'm 99% sure that's actually still the same, as I know the employees at most of my local Gamestops still.

Disagree with their practices, but you can always go to a mom and pop store to get more cash for your trades or buy a used game for cheaper - if you can find them. The selling point of Gamestop is they're probably going to have a lot more copies of Gears of War 3 used than your mom and pop shop, and while a new copy is $60 USD a used copy at $50.49 (after the Edge card discount) isn't *that* bad, online content aside.

Luckily here in America we have the freedom of choice. Don't let something? Don't shop there, or read articles about them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 33
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 7
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 19
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 10
G Streaming Video & TVs 4
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 19
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 28
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 22
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 6