GameStop: iOS Trade-ins Have "Exceeded Expectations"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They offer cash for your idevices as well. Just sold them one;) $200

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Probably because you work there. A non-employee-slave would most probably not be treated as you were.[/citation]

I worked for EB Games back in 2005 and 2006 (back when we "merged" - aka were bought - by Gamestop) and at that time you didn't get any special treatment when trading stuff in. I'm 99% sure that's actually still the same, as I know the employees at most of my local Gamestops still.

Disagree with their practices, but you can always go to a mom and pop store to get more cash for your trades or buy a used game for cheaper - if you can find them. The selling point of Gamestop is they're probably going to have a lot more copies of Gears of War 3 used than your mom and pop shop, and while a new copy is $60 USD a used copy at $50.49 (after the Edge card discount) isn't *that* bad, online content aside.

Luckily here in America we have the freedom of choice. Don't let something? Don't shop there, or read articles about them...

Status
Not open for further replies.