GameStop: MW2 Release Was Corporate Decision

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]Here are the facts: PC game-play demands certain differences in different aspects of a game. The PC crowd spends much more money on their consoles, in the knowledge that they inherently have a better gaming experience. Why? No-lag dedicated servers. (Which are already designed, just taken out on IW/Activision's word) Modding tools. (Already designed, otherwise, how did you think 'they' made they game?) Improved Graphics. (Otherwise, why even offer it on a PC system? And again, not hard, as the DX9/DX10 API's lead to very very easy implementation of advanced graphic techniques.)But all of this really doesn't matter. The reason I am boycotting IW and MW2, is because they've been total jackasses to an important part of their customer base. Sure the game is going to suck real hard. But that's besides the point. I'll be damned if I'm going to give my hard earned money to a company that's going to treat me like they couldn't give less of a damn.And there's no way in hell I'm going to pay 60 bucks for a 6 hour SP campaign. The PC version of this game has lower value over movie theaters. Be smart, don't bitch about something when you've barely managed to view one angle of the multi-faceted problem.[/citation]

I applaud you, You are the first PC gamer that I have read that has put together at least a half-assed complaint (not meant too be insulting). Here are the basic flaws in your arguments:
1)The mod tools you speak of are not created. What the developers use are development tools, not modding tools...Yes their is a big difference.
2)The games are not made too please the customers who are most willing to spend money on the machines they will be playing on, they are made for those who will pay too play what the company makes. This is a basic principle of supply and demand. If the gaming community demanded better graphics, dedicated servers, and so on...then the company would supply it. But instead of demanding it (which means you do not buy and do not play it....this means not even a pirated version) the PC community has just sits on websites complaining and making the whole community look like "cry babies". This shows the company that they shouldn't even listen to all of your complaints.
3) Yes the game is 60 bucks for a 6 hour (or w.e) SP...key word is SP...but this is not counting the re-play-ability. From their you have 6-12-∞ hours, plus the endless hours of MP. But also as for 60 dollars, that is the price for everyone, do not act like it is more then the consoles and such. Also don't make a complaint that it is worse quality then you "deserve" for the price because you are simply getting the exact same experience that the console gamers get...so you can not argue fairness and the company does not owe PC gamers anything.
4) No lag dedicated servers? Just because they are dedicated does not mean that they are lag free....most dedicated servers lag for someone. It just has to do with the location related to you, which means that even if its a clan server then you could only play with people from the same region which doesn't help but just hurts you as a whole and further more just shows that you don't really get a "full" gaming experience (Ive played on Sony's ps3 Japan servers before with 0 lag or problems).
5) The PC community has been much much ruder then IW or Activision has been by far. Most of the people who post go on about how the companies should "burn in hell" or that they hope that the companies shut down...
6) I hope that you and all these other players do not spend their hard earned money on the game. That is your right as a consumer. If you do not wish to buy it then don't, but please do not go around bashing or slandering a game because the developers simply tried too make the game as fair as possible (which was asked by the community do too hackers/cheaters and by those who ran servers that had annoying mods on that just ruined their stats.

Lastly to the PC gamers, do not go around thinking that you are all high and mighty compared to any other gaming systems simply because you chose too spend all of your "hard earned money" on an expensive gaming rig. Just because you use a keyboard or have some better graphics does not make you any more of a hardcore gamer then a console user. If you believe that too be a false statement then you are obviously too ignorant and self absolved...

blackbyron

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
"5) The PC community has been much much ruder then IW or Activision has been by far. Most of the people who post go on about how the companies should "burn in hell" or that they hope that the companies shut down... "
How is PC community ruder? What are you thinking? Can you proof it?

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Yes, here (just from this small sample of peoples comments): [citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]GameStop can burn in hell for all I care. I hope they get sued and lose. They are the biggest f'ing scam out there when it comes to games.I stopped going there when:I go to trade in Sacred 2 and they offer only $17 WITH my card discount and then I walk over to the shelf and the games sells for 59.99 new 54.99 used. 1/3 of the fracking price their gonna turn around and sell it for??? Then they had a trade in 4 get $20 extra but 3 of the 4 games I take in they say "dont qualify". I actually told them to go fuck off and instead of spending $60 there on Batman Arkham Asylum I sold Sacred 2 on ebay for $32 and bought Batman from Amazon for $49 no tax free shipping.Ill never give gamestop another dime of my money.And for Activision......you can f_ck off too. Blatantly screwing pc gamers and then publicly stating you dont give a sh_t. Ill never buy another one of your games either. F_ckers!!![/citation]
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]fuck gamestop and fuck activision. i hope they sue eachother[/citation]
[citation][nom]adillhoff[/nom]Fail game is fail.[/citation]
[citation][nom]Outsiders77[/nom]Yeah, Activision can suck a big hard one.. Who takes out Dedicated servers for FPS games and then tells us that they don't give a shit.. I hope they lose a shitload of money on this release...[/citation]

All of these comments (this isnt even a bad thread compared too some...) are rude, and immature. If you go on Robert Bowling's (the community manager....so he has no control over the game, he's just the guy who delivers news) facebook has tons of posts like these...

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]aaronb09[/nom]Im also sick and tired of console games running like crap, HOW IS A GAME GOLD when there is frame rate issues? broken network play ect. AT LEASED On a PC GAME YOU CAN FREAKING adjust the damn graphics.. I liked it better when PC and consoles were there own things..[/citation]

ahmen to that , I ahve a 360 and several games i ahve noticed hit spots where they drop frames severely enough to be noticble , one gmae was blazign angels 2 (which i wish i had gotten on pc now) in this came durring split screen co-op the framte becomes a practical slide show while trying to split screen on the cario desert mission

then less bothersome is the occasional frame drop in fable 2 (however fable 2 never got as bad as BA )

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]nekko[/nom]to all the pc gamers out there.. I play pc games and xbox live... dedicated servers are what made cod4 on pc... but thats it, I'd much rather just jump in and play with my buds on xbox live.Yes pc's are more powerful, but not if you have a bump pc (IF you have the $$$$ to spend on a very good pc then great)but most poeple don't. Xbox live is alot easier to "get around" and you don't have to worry about your pc lagging with console gaming.. or crashing, ETC ETC ETC.Yes I love pc gaming, but I do not trash console gamers because they are mainly the same thing... there playing the same game!Oh and modding is gay... except for zombie mods on pc. But thats not what the game was intended for. I mean aim bots and all that sh** COME ON horrible!!!And if you do not like the no dedicated server thing... get over it... its a great game have played it!And bad company 2 will be as crappy as the first...CoD franchise FTW for war games... THE ENDSo stop bit**ing about dedicated servers... Not everyone is going to be happy and thats it... No jugger, no private chat, no dedicated servers, what else can everyone complain about!![/citation]

Modding is gay ????
oooooo kay .... i'll beleive you love PC gaming the day pigs fly out of my ass screaming wahzoo

reasons why i think you are gay

1. DLC are nothing but "mods" extra content , they are much smaller than good old expansions in content, yet cost the same as good old expansions

2. Mods are free

3. since mods are user made there are tons more of them than what any pro team could produce in the time taht said mods are produced

Now on to another topic ...pc cost ... you site $$$$ money on pc , note you sued 4 figures .. well arn't you the bigest retard

i am guessing either A you like talkign out your ass , or B you haven't been atom's reader for very long because

1. tom's does a builder marathon often that features awsome gaming machines that fit inside a 3 digit budget (most offten falling in the range of 600 -650 US dollars) the last such series even featured a set up that was well capable of not only matching a consoles resolution but exceeding it as well as throwing 4x aa on every thing so you'r whole price deall is way the fuck off , sure 600 is more than the curent cost of a consoel , but dont forget when the current consoles first released the 360 was 500 bucks and the ps3 released with one version being 500 bucks and the other version being .. *drum roll* ... 600 bucks !

so your price argument is total BS

P.S. i'm nto a fanboy of either as i own a 360 and a pc myself

p.p.s you are gay !

Status
Not open for further replies.