GameStop: PS4 May Be in Short Supply at Launch

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jscynder

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Console gaming is dying now that you wont be able to get used games and you HAVE to have an active internet connection to play single-player games. Now you can just buy new parts for your PC when the next gen consoles come out and save money.

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
I remember the insanity when the PS3 was released.

1. People camping out for several days.

2. People bidding up to $15,000 for one on Ebay.

lunyone

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Sooo 900k users interest in the latest news on the PS4 equates to having NO or LIMITED stock?? Do they even know how many they will have when it launches? What a marketing tactic that they are doing here. Like I will really care that much. Sorta reminds me of the the whole Wii limited supply issues (assuming we are going to have the same issues).

Of coarse all of this might flame out when they post the cost of the PS4, so who knows. If the PS4 lists for $499 or more, there won't be a shortage of PS4's.

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]lunyone[/nom]Sooo 900k users interest in the latest news on the PS4 equates to having NO or LIMITED stock?? Do they even know how many they will have when it launches? What a marketing tactic that they are doing here. Like I will really care that much. Sorta reminds me of the the whole Wii limited supply issues (assuming we are going to have the same issues).Of coarse all of this might flame out when they post the cost of the PS4, so who knows. If the PS4 lists for $499 or more, there won't be a shortage of PS4's.[/citation]

yea people said that when the initial 600 dollar price tag on the ps3 and they still had shortages on them..

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]jscynder[/nom]Console gaming is dying now that you wont be able to get used games and you HAVE to have an active internet connection to play single-player games. Now you can just buy new parts for your PC when the next gen consoles come out and save money.[/citation]Really? So name all those really cool AAA gaming titles that are out for PC... other that War/StarCraft,SIMCity and other few MMO... the goodies are on consoles.

I'm waiting for the next $150 ATI 8000 card to ship, I expect it to last me for 5+ years. A PS4 is planned for the living room. I still prefer the keyboard... but no games = no need for Windows or latest graphics cards.

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]NO WAY!!!! A new console being in limited supply at launch? Who ever heard of such a crazy thing????[/citation]

Said the Nintendo executive :)

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
just an excuse to sell "bundles" for $3k that include a Sony LCD tv and 6 games you wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole just like with the PS3.

Akash Asi

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
Hello Webmaster. I truly just like your article and the web site all in all! The piece of writing is actually very plainly written and without difficulty understandable. Your current Blog style is amazing as well! Would definitely be awesome to learn exactly where I can get that. If possible maintain up the excellent job. We all need much more these website owners such as you on the web and also much less spammers. Fantastic man!

Akash Asi

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
Hello Webmaster. I truly just like your article and the web site all in all! The piece of writing is actually very plainly written and without difficulty understandable. Your current Blog style is amazing as well! Would definitely be awesome to learn exactly where I can get that. If possible maintain up the excellent job. We all need much more these website owners such as you on the web and also much less spammers. Fantastic man!

Status
Not open for further replies.