GameStop Reveals Prices for Kinect, Xbox Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
*cough* wii.

I'm a little too old school and aren't really interested... But wasn't a basic idea of this to make the 360 do what the Wii is doing?

For $150, you can just get a wii and have both systems.

fitzergerald

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I wish they would release more bad ass games instead of motion sensing and 3D fads... Give me a good fps or rpg over waving my hands in the air trying to block virtual balls any day...

Ho0d1um

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
How is $300 a bundle...the Arcade version is being reduced to 149 and add the Kinect for 150...hopefully it is just an estimate

George20

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
[citation][nom]decepticon[/nom]Now let's see what Sony's Move is going to be priced at.[/citation]

The PlayStation Move will be available in North America on September 19th. The single controller will cost you$49.99 and a bundle with the controller, PlayStation Eye, and a game (Sports Champion) for $99.99. If you don't have a PS3, there's a bundle for you, too: $399 for a PS3 Slim system with Move.

Read more: http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/705550/PlayStation-Move-Dated-And-Priced.html#ixzz0qxYvJuiR

timobkg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Nah, the idea behind Sony's Move was to do what the Wii is doing, but better, and with HD graphics. Kinect's idea is to do what the Wii is doing, but without any controllers.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]George20[/nom]The PlayStation Move will be available in North America on September 19th. The single controller will cost you$49.99 and a bundle with the controller, PlayStation Eye, and a game (Sports Champion) for $99.99. If you don't have a PS3, there's a bundle for you, too: $399 for a PS3 Slim system with Move.[/citation]
That's for just one player. This is how much the cheapest a 2 players PS3 Dildo system will cost seperately:

$206 = $99 + 49 + 2 * 29

I think the Kinect supports 3 players at once too, I may be wrong.

Price point goes to Microsoft.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]decepticon[/nom]Now let's see what Sony's Move is going to be priced at.[/citation]

Last rumored price was $79.99. Maybe they'll confirm or deny today.

mowston

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
I think Kinect is two players max, and I doubt more could ever use it since you would just get in each other's way.

As far as the Playstation Move- maybe they should have just allowed the Wii to hook up to the PS for PS graphics and used the Wii motion system; it would cost the same, and you could play all of the Wii games too.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Sony's "Move" controller is a two piece, which is the same BS you have to go through with the "Wii" which total price was $80 per player. The Kinect supports 4 players at once on screen. The price tag is a bit steep but with no real pricing its hard to say if the price will stick or not, either way I'm pre-ordering as soon as i get the cash. The kinect seems very interesting and i will buy it for the different experience, and i will buy the "Move" for the Wii type of experience but with HD graphics in amazing quality and great precision. The pricing though will have me buying 1 only and maybe two later down the road. Can't wait for this fall.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]That's for just one player. This is how much the cheapest a 2 players PS3 Dildo system will cost seperately:$206 = $99 + 49 + 2 * 29I think the Kinect supports 3 players at once too, I may be wrong.Price point goes to Microsoft.[/citation]

Shouldn't it be $199.97 ($49.99x2+$99.99)... remember it also includes a game and is far more accurate and "productive" (ie has many more uses and for a broader range of users as well.)

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
This is looking really bad for Microsoft. The fact that its very near time to go retail and not one real game has been displayed. Everything I've seen so far seems more like a tech demo. If it doesn't launch with at least one major title that attracts us gamers then sales will suffer greatly and that will most certainly put off developers and publishers from ever releasing anything for it.

This feels like history repeating itself when Sega released the 32X for the Genesis it was simply too late in the consoles lifespan and didn't release with or really get any good titles.
This is a huge risk by Microsoft but I suppose if it does fail they could have it as a native feature in their next console and it may take off then.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
"The GameStop listing also reveals you'll need 175MB of memory to play, something that may cause problems for those of you with Arcades."

Uh, Jane... are you saying that people are too stupid to plug in a $5 USB stick? Serious? Even with help from a nerd friend, a helpful Kinect installation manual, or a call to the Xbox support line? I mean, I don't have much faith in humanity as a whole, but I'm pretty sure most owners of Arcade units will be OK on this one.

Zenthar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
[citation][nom]badaxe2[/nom]Last rumored price was $79.99. Maybe they'll confirm or deny today.[/citation]I followed Engadget's live blog and the prices they mentioned were:
- Controller: 59$
- "Nunchuck" (Navigation controller): 29$
- Eye (Camere): 39$
- Bundle (Game+Controller+Eye): 99$

I just hope there won't bee to many games requiring 2 controller per player, this could increase the overall cost of ownership quite a lot (at least 160$). Up to now I've seen 2 games needing 2 controllers: The Fight and the archery game (part of the sport bundle I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.