GameStop, Staples Share Your Credit Card Number

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fafner

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
[citation][nom]Choujij[/nom]If ticketmaster is found guilty, they should be forced to pay very large fee to all the people whose sensitive info they shared. Not only are they monopolizing the ticket scene, but now they may be taking their conning one step further!!!"Convenience fee" this![/citation]

As if that isn't bad enough, they are also involved in scalping. http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/10/ticketmaster-faces-scalping-lawsuit-in-canada-blames-glitch-for-springsteen-debacle/

[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Hmm... too bad I can't encrypt my debit card./sarcasmAt any rate, why are we still using this old tech magnetic cards? Why can't we get some encrypted (AES 128 bit or better) RFID cards?[/citation]
Some credit card companies (sorry, I've forgotten which) offer a service where you generate a unique card number for each online transaction. You can mark that number as one-company only, which might prevent this bit of larceny, or even one-time only. Seems like a good idea. I actually do that with Email addresses, thanks to Emailias.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.