Gaming laptop advice

roxtar272

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
I'm moving to Canada in about a week.. And i was thinking of buying a laptop... I'll be doing some heavy gaming... (Resolutions won't matter..if im able to run on lowest settings, ill be a happy soul)
My budget is about 1400 canadian dollars...
So please help me out guys...
A guy offerred me an asus laptop with an i7- 1.8 ghz
8gb ram
Nvidia 820m
But that is a weak graphics card for latest games right? Please help me out guys..

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Hello... Just trying make it clear on this subject... as it seems people don't understand that the GPU is the Largest, most power hungry device in a computer... and laptops are designed for Small, low power use. As you can see from the chart, a 970 vs a 970M will not be in the same performance league.. But I will hear people say they have a 970 in their laptop and cry about why they can't get the FPS, or settings that other people are getting.
https://laptopninja.io/finding-the-best-gaming-laptops-under-1000-dollars/

roxtar272

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
I understand what you're saying sir.. But I'd be really happy if you'd advise me a laptop that can run latest games at whatever settings.. But is under 1400 cndian dollars..?

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Hello... Just trying make it clear on this subject... as it seems people don't understand that the GPU is the Largest, most power hungry device in a computer... and laptops are designed for Small, low power use. As you can see from the chart, a 970 vs a 970M will not be in the same performance league.. But I will hear people say they have a 970 in their laptop and cry about why they can't get the FPS, or settings that other people are getting.
https://laptopninja.io/finding-the-best-gaming-laptops-under-1000-dollars/

roxtar272

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
I totally agree with u sir...
The mobile versions are a lot weaker than the normal ones... But still id like a decent card in my laptop... Would the 960m be enough?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 2
X Laptop Tech Support 6
C Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 8
B Laptop Tech Support 5
T Laptop Tech Support 4
K Laptop Tech Support 2
Boris P Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 7