Solved! Gaming Laptop ASUS G73 or 3D Laptop

nehs89

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
hello guys, im currently planning to buy a new gaming system, I like laptops a lot and I use them for college, mostly for programming and hardcore gaming, thats why im plannig to buy a desktop replacement laptop. I currently own a dell XPS M1530 with 2.2 dual core processor, 4gb DDR2 Ram 800mhz, 120GB HDD 5,400RPM and an nvidia 8600M GT GPU. As im a hardcore gamer I want to buy a new system that can give me better FPS on today´s games and better performance on apps and games. Now im playing WOW because its the only game that maintains a decent 30FPS most of the time. I played Dragon Age with really bad performance (6 FPS min and 20 FPS max), and I really got very upset with this bad performance. So im planning to buy the asus g73 from best buy that cost 1200 usd with core i7, 6 GB ram, 500gb HDD, and ati mobility radeon 5870. My question is: should I buy this laptop right now(I really want this asus laptop and I cant wait to have a better system)? or should I wait until 3D gaming laptops drop their prices and are more in the market?. I want to have a new system that lasts for 3-4years or more so I want it to be futureproof. Im asking this because I think 3D is the future of gaming and I dont want to spend some money on a system that would be useless after 1-2years. Ill be waiting for your replys :) thx

Solution
Hello and welcome to the forums :)
Well if you want to wait,you can't ever buy anything,because there are always new techs around the corner.Considering that there no 3D laptop that even comes close to a G73 in terms of performance,i would say go for G73.
Hello and welcome to the forums :)
Well if you want to wait,you can't ever buy anything,because there are always new techs around the corner.Considering that there no 3D laptop that even comes close to a G73 in terms of performance,i would say go for G73.

Solution

kingbatota

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
hello i wanted to buy the Pavilion dv6-3063ee Entertainment Notebook WZ700EA - HP
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Processor 1.60 GHz, Level 3 cache 6 MB
Screen 15.6" diagonal High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display
Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics
Memory 6 GB DDR3
Hard Disk 640 GB

but i don't know if i shoud wait for a 3d lap top or buy this one i love games but i want a good laptop that can run any thing with good performance
i have some stuff i will like to ask
1) if i buy that HP lap top and letter on buy a 3d tv and classes can i make that laptop run on the 3d tv and play 3d games on it ?
2) do games like wow and mw2 run 3d ?
3) looking at a 15inch screen in 3d is that cool ? coz i think it will have a really bad 3d effect do u think i am right or wrong in that

peanutz8

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010

Concidering that this is 2months old already i wouldve gone for the ASUS G51 JX 3DE version...which wouldve cost you less than 1800$...its the version with the blueray player...only diff is has as smaller screen...15.6" but if you dont mind i think it would be a bombs pc...