Gaming laptop buying advice needed!

Zammer

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
I'm looking for a good gaming laptop and my budget is around £750 = $1150.

It must be a laptop as I'm going to university within the next 12 months and has to be moved around a lot to classes and when I come back home for the holidays.

The only things I'll be doing on the laptop is light school work with microsoft office, internet browsing and gaming :)

If anyone can recommend me some laptops that would be a great help or even some custom laptop websites that ship to the UK.

P.S my first post on here so be kind and thanks!

wanderer11

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Are you absolutely sure you want a laptop? I thought the same thing and bought a "gaming" laptop. I ended up never taking it to any class. I did almost all of my work in the computer labs. I realized that I spent ~$1200 on a laptop that was as powerful as a $700 desktop.

Zammer

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

I think it's gonna have to be. Not just because of the school work just for practicality of taking it back home as well :(

Zammer

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

Thanks for the response but the GE60 is a bit too far out of my price range I can't find it cheaper than around £1200

EDIT: Sorry I have just done a little more shopping around and noticed a few websites that do sell this cheaper than £1200 but not cheap enough on my budget I'm afraid. Any other options anyone?

Zammer

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

£1000 is a great price for that laptop! Do you know of any other options possibly from msi or anyone that has a laptop between £700 and £800. Obviously the spec will be lower but I just need it to be enough for me to power top games (such as Rome 2) for the next couple of years and would be great if they have the option to have the components upgradable I know most laptops don't but some do