Solved! Gaming Laptop for 1000!

lexury321

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
1. What is your budget?
1000$
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17-18"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1600x X
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop Replacement
5. How much battery life do you need?
doesnt matter
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Wanna play games as high as possible.
CodMw2,SC2,Crysis, Bioshock, and any upcoming games.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Editing music and watching movies and TV.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
at least 350-500
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
doesnt matter,
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Do not want Dell, Sony, or HP laptops
13. What country do you live in?

USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

lucarade

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
I would go with the Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q885 (http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Qosmio-X505-Q885-TruBrite-18-4-Inch/dp/B003N17BRI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top) it will play games a bit better than the Asus thanks to a Nvidia GTS 360M card (idk about the Sager though) and it has a monster of a screen (18.4 inch) with 1680x945 resolution.
I was considering this laptop myself but didnt buy it because I wanted portability. However, for your needs, a better suited laptop doesnt exist. This is a great desktop replacement which can play games better than most <$1000 laptops.

raza715

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
there is nothing wrong with TOSHIBA Qosmio except that it is very bulky (10lbs) plus because of big screen it will not give you 3hrs standby, so if you want a powerful and portable notebook for gaming MSI GX640 is the best choice. It has better battery timings 3hrs easily plus less weighted (6lbs)