Gaming laptop for up to 700 $

The Conjurer

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
1. What is your budget?
I can spend up to 600 euros,thats a little over 700$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1,366 x 768

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?
Maybe 5 hours?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
So,here is a list:Guild Wars 2 (Medium),Tribes Ascend(medium),Team Fortress 2 (medium),Dota 2(medium),Starcraft 2(medium).So basically i just need them to run on medium,nothing more

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
None

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
at least 500 gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Dvd

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I like Toshiba and Lenovo,but im open to try other brands

13. What country do you live in?
Serbia(Europe)

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
/

chad2625

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Hey,

In your price range you really don't have much to choose from. I am a Huge fan of AMD's APU's. They are processors with video cards built into them. Last year My sig other bought me a new laptop as a surprise. It had one of these bad boys in it, I really thought the thing was going to suck, but it didnt. I was playing games that a $450 laptop should not have been able to. The really nice thing is the APU can crossfire with a dedicated ATI video card. If your set on the 15.6 inch screen I would suggest you go this route..

IF I can talk you into a 17in screen I ordered (has not arrived yet) an HP G7z-2100 CTO laptop. All said and done with shipping and taxes was like $780: here are it's specs:
Color sparkling black edit
Operating system Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M Accelerated Processor (3.2GHz/2.3GHz, 4MB L2 Cache)
Graphics card 1GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7670M Discrete-Class Graphics
Memory FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1Dimm)
Hard drive FREE Upgrade to 500GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
Primary battery 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery
Display 17.3-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1600 x 900)
Primary optical drive SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
Personalization HP Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone
Networking 802.11b/g/n WLAN
Keyboard Standard Keyboard

I am expecting to play most games and medium- high to high settings.

This combination is quite powerful for its price Here are some bench marks for the cross fire set up.
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3785181 this computer pull 2300 marks, where my 6620G pulled about 800, I play desuex X 2: human revolution at high settings.

Here is a 3dmarkvantage result
http://3dmark.com/3dmv/4150006 This laptop pulls about 6700 marks.

When compared to My I7-950 and GTX 470's running in sli it witch gets about 35k marks you really see that this is not quite a Desktop replacement but should be decent enough.

http://3dmark.com/3dmv/2627447