Solved! Gaming laptop help

c0oim4n

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
Hey there. I'm looking into buying a new laptop, and I was hoping y'all could give me a hand in choosing one.

1. What is your budget?

Between $1000 and $2500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15" - 18"

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1920x1080 for certain

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Desktop Replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?

Anything with at least 2-3 hours should do

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Yes, Crysis 2, WoW, BF3, CoD, etc. on High-Ultra

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Internet browsing, photo editing, video editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

At least 500GB, as much as possible.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

http://www.alienware.ca

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

At least 3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

BD-ROM with DVD burning capability at least, preferably BD-RW

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Doesn't matter, as long as they ship to Canada

13. What country do you live in?

Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Looking for a high-end gaming laptop that can pump out at least 45-50 fps in most games at as high of settings as possible. I have been looking at the AlienWare M18x with the dual Radeon 6990m's in Crossfire, and really like the design, and presentation of the laptop, but am open to suggestion.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
The Alienware m18x is awesome, but it will have horrible battery life and it is a really big laptop. Otherwise it would preform really well. Have you looked at any othe Toshiba's Qosimos or Asus's G series laptops yet? They are much more affordable that a M18x and they might have better battery life.

bravehead

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
The Alienware m18x is awesome, but it will have horrible battery life and it is a really big laptop. Otherwise it would preform really well. Have you looked at any othe Toshiba's Qosimos or Asus's G series laptops yet? They are much more affordable that a M18x and they might have better battery life.

Solution

c0oim4n

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
Yea, a buddy of mine just got the ASUS G73SW, and I really like the look and feel of it, and the price is amazing, but the measly GTX 460M just isn't powerful enough for how I want to play. I'll check out the Qosimos though, I didn't know Toshiba had a gaming sector