Gaming Laptop help

BazDun

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
Hi Everyone,

My Samsung RV511 of 6 years is starting to show its age. I am not a huge gamer but i do enjoy playing the odd game on my laptop but it just cant handle it anymore. most times i check if my laptop can run even the most basic graphic game , it doesn't meet the levels or even running some editing software or music software - it either crashes or doesn't have the right spec. So i have put a bit of money aside to get a decent gaming laptop, the budget it is between 1000 & 1500. I have been looking at machines but find myself reading too many reviews etc and just getting slightly lost. any advice what be much appreciated. These are some of the machines i have been looking at: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming (7567)
Lenovo Legion Y520
Acer Predator 15 Gaming Laptop
Alienware 17
HP Omen 17

Those are general models, what exact specs are in those? The budget range you have is huge, what games are you looking to play and at what settings are you OK with? Is saving money better to you than future gaming speeds?

Take a look at www.xoticpc.com, the higher range you go to the better quality and higher FPS you can play games at, and the longer it will be able to run current games.