Gaming Laptop UK around £1000

Toejamming

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
1. What is your budget?
Around £1000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15" or 17"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement. My current desktop is in my old spare room that is now being used by my daughter so can't be used. I have nowhere else in the house to run a desktop.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Most of the time it will be plugged in so a few hours?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Black Ops 3 - high would be nice but as long as the frame rate isn't terrible...

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
General use of Office apps and browsing etc

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Would like an SSD, if not included I will purchase one separately. 2nd disk around 1TB

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD writer minimum, anything more is a plus

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Tend to buy from known brands - ie Asus, Acer, Dell, HP etc. More interested in the build quality than the name - I don't want something that feels flimsy and cheap

13. What country do you live in?
UK

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I've been looking at the Dell Inspiron 7559 - http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=cn95704&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

Is this the best way to go or am I missing something as good/better?