Gaming laptop under $1000

seriousgamer

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
I know i've made many posts but I keep changing my mind and very recentley I've sort lost my taste for gaming but I still want a powerful laptop because i know once i get my studys done ill go back hardcore gaming

. What is your budget?
$1000ish
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
FHD MATTE (A MUST Even tho Y580 is very attractive I dont want glossy :p)

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Don't matter. School books already broke my back. Theres nothing left to break

5. How much battery life do you need?
Doesn't matter when gaming. AT least 3 hours when surfing internet (off battery) or MS Office
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes no specific games but medium is fine (maybe high sometimes) games like Dirt 3 i guess, car racing games (I dont like shooting games as much) maybe some KOTOR or SWTOR games and such games like WoW etc.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Make me breakfast in bed
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
750 GB sounds decent (7200 RPM is a must- SORRY TOSHIBA)
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
anything
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years +
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Anything is fine. I dont own any movies
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I only dislike dell. Im ok with MSI, ASUS, HP, Lenovo ETC

13. What country do you live in?
USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Im looking for a laptop with customizable backlit keyboard that can do many different colors (its not a must but would love it greatly)
I would get the MSI GT60 but it is too expensive for me and the open box are an attractive price but i dont want to risk having no warranty.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
www.sagernotebook.com

Like I've been telling a lot of folks, take a look in there for the 14" chassis options. You can get some nice configs for a low price.

Sager has Clevo blood in it and I also have one of their notebooks. It's quite the beast for the price.

Cheers!

KernalPanic

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
As it hasn't been mentioned, the MSI barebones are a great alternative.
They are solid hardware, minus the bling, minus the price.

Warranty is covered by the resellers.

This is one by Powernotebooks (there are plenty of other resellers)
http://www.powernotebooks.com/PowerPro-I-9-6-gaming-laptop-notebooks-sys-4823.html

$878 or so cash
$905 on credit card

650m
1080p Matte screen default
i7-3610QM (upgraded from default i5 - free IC diamond upgrade according to site)
8GB (upgraded from default 4GB)
750 7200rpm HDD ($5 over standard config... might as well)
OS not included

You can play with the configuration to reach your budget and pay method depending on if you need an OS or not.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
That's not a bad deal, specially if you already own a copy of Windows or want to use Linux.

Sager bundles Windows Home Premium as default, which is not a bad thing IMO.

Cheers!